Are you currently sick with COVID-19?

Are you currently, or have your been infected with SARS-CoV-2?

• I currently have COVID-19

Votes: 45 7.1%
  • I've recovered from COVID-19

Votes: 124 19.5%
  • I have not had COVID-19

Votes: 344 54.1%
  • I don't care about this stupid virus, it's just the flu

Votes: 41 6.4%
  • I prefer not to say

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • I died

Votes: 66 10.4%
  • I'm currently recovering from it

Votes: 15 2.4%

• Total voters

Brontosaurus

Expert Member
This past Sunday was 19 weeks since I lost my taste and smell.

Wait what? You STILL don't have those senses back?

A colleague of mine says all her food and drink tastes like someone poured ammonia all over it since she recovered from Covid; this was 6 months ago and it hasn't improved.

thestaggy

Honorary Master
Wait what? You STILL don't have those senses back?

A colleague of mine says all her food and drink tastes like someone poured ammonia all over it since she recovered from Covid; this was 6 months ago and it hasn't improved.

Well, there is something there, but I wouldn't call it ''normal'' senses of taste and smell.

I would describe what I smell as a mix between citrus and metal, but only certain things will trigger it, otherwise I can sniff petrol and won't smell it. My dad is refurbing a bike, a two-stroke, and I could not smell that two-stroke smell nor the petrol when I checked the fuel tank. Just dead.

As for taste, I can tell when I am eating something sweet or spicy, but I cannot tell you what it is. If you blindfolded me and gave me Tabasco sauce and Peri-Peri, both would burn me but I couldn't tell them apart and both have two very distinctive tastes. I get that tingly sensation in the back of my mouth if I eat something vinegary or sour but again, I couldn't tell you what it is.

Last edited:

RiaX

Executive Member

19 weeks and you still have anosmia (loss of smell) ? Quick questions. Are you allergic to aspirin/voltaren/brufen ?are you asthmatic ? and are you currently suffering from sinusitis ?

Park@82

Honorary Master
Well, there is something there, but I wouldn't call it ''normal'' senses of taste and smell.

I would describe what I smell as a mix between citrus and metal, but only certain things will trigger it, otherwise I can sniff petrol and won't smell it. My dad is refurbing a bike, a two-stroke, and I could not smell that two-stroke smell nor the petrol when I checked the fuel tank. Just dead.

As for taste, I can tell when I am eating something sweet or spicy, but I cannot tell you what it is. If you blindfolded me and gave me Tabasco sauce and Peri-Peri, both would burn me but I couldn't tell them apart and both have two very distinctive tastes. I get that tingly sensation in the back of my mouth if I eat something vinegary or sour but again, I couldn't tell you what it is.
Parosmia. Many people are left with this after covid. Many things still tastes and smells different to me.

thestaggy

Honorary Master
19 weeks and you still have anosmia (loss of smell) ? Quick questions. Are you allergic to aspirin/voltaren/brufen ?are you asthmatic ? and are you currently suffering from sinusitis ?

I have no known allergies and have taken aspirin and voltaren in the past. No, I am not asthmatic.

Sinusitis however is something I deal with throughout the year, but it has never caused a loss of senses. Even my Covid infection presented itself as an intense sinus infection for 3 days - heavily congested, postnasal drip, pressure behind my eyes, sensitivity in my cheeks, pounding headache.

RiaX

Executive Member
A high dose of corticosteroids might restore your smell. Thought it's best to go to an ent maybe you got nasal polyposis hard to say.

I know of an experimental treatment that might help but go to ENT first if you get no joy PM me

Madhawk

Honorary Master
The 4th wave has arrived... Is anyone sick?

Did the "Antichrist" jab do it's thing?

Last edited:

LCBXX

Honorary Master
614acf17877b72f2c4795136812e81e2.jpg

"D"

Expert Member
Salim Abdool Karim, former chairman of the government’s ministerial advisory committee on Covid-19, told Bloomberg that the current estimates show the fourth wave starting on 2 December and will last about 75 days.
The 4th wave has arrived...
... as we were prepped a hundred days ago.

Nuke

In the past few weeks a lot of people I know have been mildly sick, with the rate of people getting sick rising quite rapidly in the past few days. Mostly just sore throat, cough, fatigue, blocked sinuses.

What the change of it being the new variant? Anybody else seeing a pattern like this in their social circle? Nobody here bothered to go for a test so far, but I'm wondering.