Are you friends with your neighbours?

• Yes

Votes: 26 27.1%
  • No

Votes: 70 72.9%

• Total voters

Cius

Executive Member
On very good terms but not friends. Friends mean you hang out with each other on some kind of a regular basis. We are friendly in passing, at AGM's, and if there is an emergency or something crazy.

Reactions: OCP

lowriderza

Expert Member
I stay in an old suburb full of semi's. A lot of houses like mine share a back yard. My neighbours are really nice people and we have become friends over the past year. We'll often have a braai or a few drinks together.

Sanzer

We are amicable to each other i.e greet etc but I won't regard them as friends

Rhein

We have absolute gems.
This guy loves our dogs and she loves to bake and share the fruits of her labour.
He is a a guy who tolerates no nonsense so any trash who ventures into our turf gets dealt with immediately.

namzsteve

Expert Member
No!

Had a neighbour, we became friends at some point, they copied everything we did and were very jealous, we grew irritated, we stopped all communication attempts.

DiabloDane

Expert Member
might wave at you if you lucky or catch me pulling out the driveway, other than that..... i wish i was John Cena

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
We have absolute gems.
This guy loves our dogs and she loves to bake and share the fruits of her labour.
He is a a guy who tolerates no nonsense so any trash who ventures into our turf gets dealt with immediately.
Nice, you're well on the way to wife swapping... :p

I introduced myself as the new neighbour a couple of days after moving in, he misunderstood and said "no, I've been here about 2 years." He hadn't even noticed we were different people, that was that.

Alan

Honorary Master
Not friends but don't keep a distance from them either. Socialize a couple times a year and a chat most weeks.

WorldWarIII

Expert Member
I think I was on good terms with the neighbour. Then I had a braai and a packet of mushrooms came out and sh#t got a bit weird. Not so sure if we homies anymore.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
At our previous house the neighbours started attending the same church as us of their own volition (the church is one block away from our house). So then when we moved, we hadn't even been there for 3 months, and another family moved in who also go to the same church as us.

I think our church is keeping tabs on us... :oops:

Craig_

Honorary Master
Not friends, but friendly. All my neighbours are colleagues as well so I try to keep some distance. We tell each other when we go away for a few days though to keep an eye on each others houses.

thehuman

Expert Member
Talking terms with most on our street , exept the suurknol 2 houses down , he used to cut our balls in two when we were kids , still greet him when drive past , just don't get greeted back.