Are you getting paid a full salary during the lockdown?

Are you getting paid a full salary during the lockdown?

• Yes

Votes: 295 68.8%
  • No

Votes: 108 25.2%
  • Other (please explain in the comments)

Votes: 26 6.1%

• Total voters

Herr der Verboten

Honorary Master
I think you're right. That makes the employer a credit provider.

So if the employer isn't registered, the employee should report them to the NCR.
Among other things: can the employee afford it, can the employee pay it back, etc etc.

Of course, the employer should be reported.

Magnum

Executive Member
Full salary and Perks for not working. Might lose the the increase and bonus.

Magnum

Executive Member
Among other things: can the employee afford it, can the employee pay it back, etc etc.

Of course, the employer should be reported.
You can loan an advance on your salary legally. Paid back or work it back. Not illegal. Not nice either. It is a mess we in.

Herr der Verboten

Honorary Master
You can loan an advance on your salary legally. Paid back or work it back. Not illegal. Not nice either. It is a mess we in.
If that is true then how would it work in the case of someone who can't afford it, but was made to sign the paper nonetheless?

The_Ogre

Honorary Master
How can you as employer offer a zero interest loan? That's breaking income tax law right there.

LPCPT

Very fortunate and thankful that i can work from home. Got full salary, bonus and annual increase. Work a bit harder and miss my colleagues, but just happy I can survive. Saved bonus for what might come down the line.

Lost all income from freelance work as the company got 0 income so understand. Luckily I can survive without it.

This is hard times for a lot of people and it will take years to recover even when this Covid pandemic ends.

One thing I learned and that is essential that you need an emergency fund. Something that can carry you for 2-3 months at least.

Reactions: 3WA

Mephisto_Helix

Resident Postwhore
Very lucky to be getting 80% while on furlough. Boss has said it will continue even after the government here wraps it up (June I think). Same with friends and family for the most part. Those who aren't on furlough are on Universal Credit which is seeing them through atm. Needless to say, a lot of people I know are changing jobs to what is urgently needed now - Cleaners, Delivery, Care staff, etc.

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
just changed my vote, was on full
got notified we are all taking a 20% knock and now work 3 weeks per month
This will be revised month to month
:thumbsup:

Neuk_

Executive Member
I have been so far but am waiting for feedback regarding a consultation process where every single employee will be taking a salary cut in one for or another ranging from 15% - 30% per month for a limited time frame.

The_Ogre

Honorary Master
How? (What law) Many people get/take salary advances or loan money from their work. It is a thing.
A salary advance is a loan against your own salary. It is legally allowed and cannot attract any interest in the favour of the employer.

Advancing money against a salary, that does not exist, constitutes an unsecured loan.