Are you one of them? Dude don't lie to me, are you one of them?

Iamnotageek

Expert Member
I've noticed that when stopping at a traffic light there are people that literally switch their cars off. Light goes green, switch car on and drive off.

I've seen it happen at drive thru's too when there's a long queue. Double-You Tee-Eff to that. It's annoying. Why do you even do it? It's stupid.

Stop it. Idle your car for crying out loud.

Surv0

Executive Member
I've noticed that when stopping at a traffic light there are people that literally switch their cars off. Light goes green, switch car on and drive off.

I've seen it happen at drive thru's too when there's a long queue. Double-You Tee-Eff to that. It's annoying. Why do you even do it? It's stupid.

And you arent referring to the cars that do this automatically?

pinball wizard

Honorary Master

You are aware it's a standard feature on most new cars?

mr_norris

Expert Member
I never turn off my car while on the road (mine doesn't have stop-start). But I have turned it off while waiting in a drive-thru queue before. I don't see the problem with that. Idling does actually use fuel - turning off the car for what can sometimes be many minutes is fine in my books.

Nobody Important

Executive Member

:X3: My fok, Marelize! It's not Friday yet!

ArmatageShanks

Honorary Master
Its a feature of newer cars

Also If the is a family of 5 Chunky Monkey Wobble Slobs in the queue at any drive trough they will take 30 - 45 minutes. I'll be dammed if I'm going to sit there and idle the whole time, that's like forcing a erection when your partner is still on her way to your house, pointless.