Are you one of them? Dude don't lie to me, are you one of them?

MightyQuin

Not amused...
I've noticed that when stopping at a traffic light there are people that literally switch their cars off. Light goes green, switch car on and drive off.

I've seen it happen at drive thru's too when there's a long queue. Double-You Tee-Eff to that. It's annoying. Why do you even do it? It's stupid.

Stop it. Idle your car for crying out loud.

I've been on this forum for many years now and have never had the urge, or the need, to use the Ignore function....until now.

CamiKaze

Honorary Master
I've been on this forum for many years now and have never had the urge, or the need, to use the Ignore function....until now.
I swear I'm getting closer and closer to this urge as well, but I fear that I will miss out on the dissing from other members as well. quite the dilemma to be in.

Pitbull

Verboten
It has been proven that a car only saves fuel if it's off for at least 15 seconds where a same car was idilling. Nothing but a sales tool

ArmatageShanks

Honorary Master

It's been used on you a great number of times I can assure you.

TL;DW, if stopped for more than 7s then it saves fuel to stop the engine.
With a test of a few cars in different traffic scenarios, start/stop saved between 4% and 8.7% of fuel.

What a nice man, Cheers.

Pitbull

Verboten
TL;DW, if stopped for more than 7s then it saves fuel to stop the engine.
With a test of a few cars in different traffic scenarios, start/stop saved between 4% and 8.7% of fuel.

I think you're closer. I recall reading 15 seconds but yours sound right

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
not just a sales tool but a winner on car parts, now you have to install a new starter motor more often :ROFL::laugh::ROFL::laugh:

MightyQuin

Not amused...
I swear I'm getting closer and closer to this urge as well, but I fear that I will miss out on the dissing from other members as well. quite the dilemma to be in.
I feel you pain. It is quite the quandary.

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
Question: If your car switches off at traffic lights does your air con also switch off? :unsure: That'll be kak on a hot sweaty day boiling your nuts off !

ArmatageShanks

Honorary Master
Well all the total fuknuts on here still respond to my posts...so you are wrong....again.

Just the ones left, I think you'll find once you have a think about it quite a few of the members you used to have proper arguments with are no longer here, or just not saying much to you.

SAguy

Executive Member
Well all the total fuknuts on here still respond to my posts...so you are wrong....again.
Just the ones left, I think you'll find once you have a think about it quite a few of the members you used to have proper arguments with are no longer here, or just not saying much to you.
Let's not lose focus of the matter at hand, OP still watching reruns of Beyond 2000 waiting for the inventions to be created.