Are you one of them? Dude don't lie to me, are you one of them?

nazmo

Expert Member
must be, that poor battery
oh well, dont come crying to me when your poor battery has cold cranked your engine 30 times a day and now in under 3 years time you need to buy a new one :ROFL::laugh: Unless there is a massive spring that coils up when engine is driving so that when you stop and wanna start again the coil springs your motor back into action and therefore doesnt need a startr motor anymore:laugh:

as mentioned before, 2 cars, both 100 000kms. both 5 yrs. both original batteries/starters... Its a different tech to 90's starter motors/batteries. Some engines even angle the crank to insta-fire on next start (mazda I think).

nazmo

Expert Member
i only use stop start in drive through. its nice to hear the exhaust pop next to drive through wall as i move forward :p

Dan C

Honorary Master
Both myself and my wife have exactly the same car. Mazda 3 2.0. we also do similar driving distances and she hated the auto stop/start function and so when she climbs in the car she automatically switches it off. I however did not mind it and so left mine on.

She was using 7.5 Litres per 100km without using I-stop and I got my car down to 7.1 litres per 100km using I-stop. She then started using the I-stop and she is now down to 7.3 Litres per 100km.

So yeah it does seem to save petrol, not much but some
Driving with the handbrake down helps with economy

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
Both myself and my wife have exactly the same car. Mazda 3 2.0. we also do similar driving distances and she hated the auto stop/start function and so when she climbs in the car she automatically switches it off. I however did not mind it and so left mine on.

She was using 7.5 Litres per 100km without using I-stop and I got my car down to 7.1 litres per 100km using I-stop. She then started using the I-stop and she is now down to 7.3 Litres per 100km.

omg......global warming has been solved!!!! Horaaaay. :ROFL::laugh::ROFL:

ArmatageShanks

Honorary Master
OP minutes after creating this thread:

giphy.gif

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
If I had a car with this feature I would disable it by default.
It takes a lot of power to crank the engine over, and doing this dozens of times per trip cannot be good for the battery, not to mention the starter wear & tear.
Also, during that initial start up, there is no oil pressure, unless they actually cater for this, haven't checked myself if they do.
I am off the opinion that this is bad practice over all, but what do i know, I drive an old skedonk.

I know it sound crazy...but the cars were specially designed and engineered to address all the issues you mentioned above.

They cater for all of it...therefore the technology.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master

Then the real question is whether a .2 - .4 saving in fuel nullified the expense of having the feature in the first place.

nazmo

Expert Member
Im thinking its not really an "option you pay for" but a method to get emissions down

yebocan

Honorary Master
i sincerely hope OP was not being serious... if not....hoe de fok bou mens 'n nasie ?? LOL, but thanks for the LOL!