Are you planning on playing Vanilla WoW?

Pitbull

Verboten
That's why I am taking the no rush approach. Coincidentally Tuesday is my day off so I'll see how it goes with the log in at launch. No rush, no fuss to catch the log in bus.
Thinking I might work from home on Wednesday.
That way it's a day after launch and I could take my time on the starting areas. Will definitely play on Tuesday, but have a suspension starting areas are going to be PACKED!

Sinshroud

I was watching a few streamers showing casing their beta experiences and the one stream was the starting area outside of Stormwind. The screen was literally a blur of people that I felt sorry for the level 1 mobs whose life span is probably literally a second :ROFL:.
I think that might have given you the wrong impression though.

A lot of the beta testing was actual stress testing. As in, testing to see how well their servers and systems could scale up or down and handle the load.

For example, there were times where there are many layers, each with relatively low populations as a way for Blizzard to actually test the feature of creating layers and moving players around.

And then similarly, there were times where there were less layers, each with extremely high populations.

So I honestly would not worry too much about there being over-crowding in the game itself. That will be sorted out with some kind of layering system and/or login queues.

Jase

Executive Member
Worried? Me? Nah, it's just a game. Although I am looking forward to puttering around again.

I agree, the layering should help alleviate congestion and make more resources available (mobs, gathering nodes etc.) by spreading out the population.

Pitbull

Verboten
Anyone know when the servers open up SA time? (EU)

I see US got 2 additional servers today and are already full as well :D

Hellhound105

Expert Member
I had WoW on an external drive. Looked for that specific drive for about an hour. Found it, just to realize I formatted it and created a boot disc from it...

I have to re-download the whole client again. How big is the WoW client now?

Edit: Nvm, 60GB :D
Ouch dude, but yes the classic is way smaller.

Deleted my installs and downloaded it again....took 45 minutes, the normal client

Pitbull

Verboten
I see EU will be adding 4 more PVP realms at 19:00 tonight. They obviously underestimated the interest in Classic!

Arzy

Honorary Master
I was in two minds about this until last night, realized I had a couple of months worth of tokens across my accounts.

Going to give Classic a go by multi-boxing a warrior/warlock/priest from day 1.

poffle

Executive Member
I'll try jump on before work (opening 6am my time), so if its even possible to get on. fun times.

Rogue ready to go!

Voicy

Honorary Master
@Voicy what you recon?
Still in 2 minds about this one...
Yeha, we're rolling alliance on a PVP realm. Although with the new pupster in the house, I probably won't be on much.

Right now I'm still trying to decide what to roll...most probably going to stick to my rogue.

Conack

Expert Member
Going to give it a shot :cool:
Caught up in the hype and nostalgia, but also all the theorycrafting was something I really missed - along with the social aspect of the 5 mans. Quite keen :)

Sinshroud

Jase

Executive Member
I'll only be able to log on around 1.5 hours after launch but I'll have the whole day if queues are too long. I've got Netflix, popcorn and other snacks to keep me busy throughout the day.

Pitbull

Verboten
Need to setup Discord... bleh.
PnV I think shared their Discord details, I'll go look for it.