Are you planning on playing Vanilla WoW?

poffle

Executive Member
hahaha it was the same in Durotar for Sarkoth the scorpid, but instead 50 people just huddled over the corpse waiting for respawn. No time for that, just skipped.

Tonight I shall be tinkering with addons, get ElvUI back in action. So happy Classic is back characters won't just be wiped after 1 year.

Hellhound105

Expert Member
Played for 1 hour, got my char to level 4 - You have been disconnected.

Logged back in 7600 in que.

Had work in the morning and left

The Voice

Executive Member
hahaha it was the same in Durotar for Sarkoth the scorpid, but instead 50 people just huddled over the corpse waiting for respawn. No time for that, just skipped.

Tonight I shall be tinkering with addons, get ElvUI back in action. So happy Classic is back characters won't just be wiped after 1 year.
ElvUI works in Classic?!

Kelerei

Expert Member
And just when I thought the timezone difference between me and you lot would negate the login queues somewhat... :crying:

vatie

Mirage Raceway has been fine, the initial rush was nuts but logging in was never a problem

Pitbull

Verboten
Tried to log in now... 16k in Queue, 155 minutes.

Sigh. And Blizzard thought Classic was not going to be popular...

The Voice

Executive Member
Tried to log in now... 16k in Queue, 155 minutes.

Sigh. And Blizzard thought Classic was not going to be popular...
**** that's hardcore for this time of the day. Going to be insane later this evening when I get home.

Urist

Expert Member
Lol, i`ll wait for the hype to calm down.... got assignments to do anyway.

From Twitter. Waiting in line for Garrick Padfoot. Must be British players.
:ROFL:
If they were South African they'd all be bundled up in the front.

Conack

Expert Member
Mirage Raceway's queue just started a few minutes ago only. Went through in about 3 minutes.
Quite happy with the choice.

Considering the amount of people everywhere I'm actually quite glad that it's a PVE server after all. Will take an extra month to get leveled with random PVP...? Having done a corpse run already, I can tell you Blizz doesn't give an F about how far you have to run... you spawn at the graveyard and you RUN BOY, miles to your body... :oops:

axsis

Going to see where my old WoW friends are playing. Might start on the weekend as things might have calmed down by then and I'm not really going to go for the hardcore stuff, did that in TBC/Wrath and it was just too time consuming. But will be fun to maybe revisit some of the 5 man instances. =)

Curious that game time cards have become so pricey, it used to be a great way to save a little on subscription fees. :|

vatie

Going to see where my old WoW friends are playing. Might start on the weekend as things might have calmed down by then and I'm not really going to go for the hardcore stuff, did that in TBC/Wrath and it was just too time consuming. But will be fun to maybe revisit some of the 5 man instances. =)

Curious that game time cards have become so pricey, it used to be a great way to save a little on subscription fees. :|
BTW I am sure far more of the game's content will be do-able by casuals this time around. Its mostly down to a combination of better hardware, lower latencies and the game's mechanics being far better understood. On private servers PUGs would routinely clear MC, BWL, and even the first few Naxx bosses. Granted private servers aren't a completely accurate reflection, but from what we have seen thus far private server encounters were tuned to be slightly harder than what we have seen so far in classic.

So I think if your a casual, you have alot to look forward to!

axsis

BTW I am sure far more of the game's content will be do-able by casuals this time around. Its mostly down to a combination of better hardware, lower latencies and the game's mechanics being far better understood. On private servers PUGs would routinely clear MC, BWL, and even the first few Naxx bosses. Granted private servers aren't a completely accurate reflection, but from what we have seen thus far private server encounters were tuned to be slightly harder than what we have seen so far in classic.

So I think if your a casual, you have alot to look forward to!
Eh more I don't have the sort of time required for raiding. I did everything except Naxx, Viscidus, Twin Emps and C'Thun in classic, I regretted not pushing for them at the time but then in TBC I cleared Sunwell (although it was after the KJ nerf). I wouldn't underestimate how bad players can be, especially 40 of them. Funnily the best guild I was in only raided 3 days a week and was in the top 200 while the more casual guilds raided 5 days a week for at least 6 hours. But yes lots of things have changed so it'll be different.

Jase

Executive Member
Yesterday was a fiasco regarding server queues and logins (In fact I had a quick peek a few hours ago and it's still a nightmare to login). Even the servers listed as medium had a few thousand in the queue.

But not stressed as things will die down. I must say that every starting zone was like the old Barrens chat. People talking kak constantly with some good humour going on.