Are you planning on playing Vanilla WoW?

Jase

Executive Member
Thanks but I've already started a character on ten storms (something like that).
Same here since I haven't been able to get on Golemagg. At one point the starter NE area was almost dead which made that druid burrow quest rather challenging.

vermillon

Same here since I haven't been able to get on Golemagg. At one point the starter NE area was almost dead which made that druid burrow quest rather challenging.
Cool do you want to send me your character name and I'll add you as a friend ? Just to check you're playing alliance on ten storms ?

The Voice

Executive Member
Took 2hrs to get on the RP-PvP realm first night. Second night was a 4hr queue so I just played Retail. Last night server was still listed as Full, but took 7mins to get in. But hardly anyone around in the NE starting area, or even in Dolenaar. Made questing quicker because I actually had mobs to kill and items to collect, but was surreal compared to launch where I couldn't move or even see mobs because there were so many people.

/1 was still very active, so not sure if they've implemented phasing on some realms. I saw a Twitter post that they had made some improvements on a few realms to improve queue times and performance but no details on what they were.

Installed elvui, and had to restart to get it to work properly. To my surprise, I could log straight back in with no queue at all. Tried Shazzrah, and it was still on 25k.

The Voice

Executive Member
Alliance guild APES - Gehennas killed Ragnaros and Onyxia last night. Both 1-shots. And with people below 60 in blues and greens. Maybe Vanilla wasn't as difficult as we remember.

Jase

Executive Member
Alliance guild APES - Gehennas killed Ragnaros and Onyxia last night. Both 1-shots. And with people below 60 in blues and greens. Maybe Vanilla wasn't as difficult as we remember.
We have way more resources on hand today compared to then when it was new and unknown.

The Voice

Executive Member
We have way more resources on hand today compared to then when it was new and unknown.
True. But the bosses haven't changed. We have, though, so I guess it's more a case of us having been kak at the game than it being difficult. Also, everyone played on a potato back then on dial-up. I remember one of our MT healers DCing all night on our first Rag attempt with no back-up.

Jase

Executive Member
True. But the bosses haven't changed. We have, though, so I guess it's more a case of us having been kak at the game than it being difficult. Also, everyone played on a potato back then on dial-up. I remember one of our MT healers DCing all night on our first Rag attempt with no back-up.
Telkom R7 callmore FTW! Until you got disconnected. :ROFL:

Now days, you have youtube vids to see strategies, detailed guides on boss encounters, a plethora of addons and BIS items to get.

I remember pitching up in blues and greens, getting told what to do / not to do and then we got on with it. Wiped a few times, figured out what went wrong and re-attempting the encounter.

Times have changed but the game is still enjoyable.

poffle

Executive Member
Yeah , quite crazy how they got downed already, but thats proper dedication and guys who all studied the strats 100%. For your casual raiding guild it'll still be normal progression.

Still jamming quite nicely, only lvl 22 now but i'm trying to create an all round character from the beginning and not doing the mad rush to level. So getting Engi, Mining, Cooking, Fishing, lockpicking up.

Community is really helpful, i haven't met any proper ### yet. It feels like you level faster in classic compared to the pvt servers. I mean i am 22 and i have only done barrens + half of silverpine. Only now about to go to stone talon.

Jase

Executive Member
Yeah , quite crazy how they got downed already, but thats proper dedication and guys who all studied the strats 100%. For your casual raiding guild it'll still be normal progression.

Still jamming quite nicely, only lvl 22 now but i'm trying to create an all round character from the beginning and not doing the mad rush to level. So getting Engi, Mining, Cooking, Fishing, lockpicking up.

Community is really helpful, i haven't met any proper ### yet. It feels like you level faster in classic compared to the pvt servers. I mean i am 22 and i have only done barrens + half of silverpine. Only now about to go to stone talon.
I am doing something similar. I'm leveling professions quite nicely. I even had 2g (note: had) at level 15. I'm almost 18 now and will wait till 19 or 20 and then do some DM for gear / fun.

Pitbull

Verboten
First day back at work after being at home the whole of last week...

Man this is sucking so much... I want to play CLASSIC!

The Voice

Executive Member
I am doing something similar. I'm leveling professions quite nicely. I even had 2g (note: had) at level 15. I'm almost 18 now and will wait till 19 or 20 and then do some DM for gear / fun.
In the true spirit of Vanilla/Classic, Deadmines = VC (Van Cleef). DM = Dire Maul. I remember new players getting ruined in /1 and /2 for getting that wrong. :D

Leveling is a real grind, yes, but for the first time in years I'm not annoyed at it taking a bit (much) longer than normal - because I have nowhere I need to be. Level 19 on my hunter, and the highest in my guild is 28. I'm actually enjoying doing all the stuff they took out of the game, how annoyingly inefficient it was to get a quest from Onu in the middle of Darkshore to go back to the very top of the map to collect some crap - but doing it anyway because the 2H sword I got as a reward was a huge upgrade that I actually felt I'd earned.

I've been following Method for a while - their end game progression is insane. And they're running this Classic Word First thing now. But it goes against the whole spirit of what Classic is meant to be. So many people have tried to blast through it. Even the guy who exploited the layering to get world first 60 is burnt out after (lol he even tried deleting his character just to troll Method - but couldn't because he had mail in his inbox. When people found out, they all started spamming his mailbox).

Yeah, no rush here. I have loads of 120's on retail with not much to do as evidence of why I need to just take my time. Also doing the professions thing - that don't give XP! And actually set up a banking alt to play the AH for a bit to try and actually get my mount at 40 this time. After training profession/class/pet/weapon skills, I'm only left with about 2g.

The Voice

Executive Member
They applied a hotfix last night to remove the extra XP from raiding 5-man dungeons. Should sort out the spamming of /2 looking for Frost Mages AOE grinds.

Kryptonite

Leveling actually taught people how to use their characters................soon as i am done with my certs i'll dive back in.

The Voice

Executive Member
Leveling actually taught people how to use their characters................soon as i am done with my certs i'll dive back in.
Indeed. One way you knew a hunter knew their class well was if they had the epic bow and staff, for example. Levelling now I've actually had to use kiting/jump shot again for the first time in years, as well as managing my dead zone again.

Pitbull

Verboten
I'm soooo in love with WoW again :)

The addiction has fully set in again... Where have you been the last 12 odd years my love!