Are you planning on playing Vanilla WoW?

Pitbull

Verboten
Lvl 53.75 and it's hard questing now as a lot of the quest spots are being AoE farmed (Felwood, EP undead). I must say that the ganking has sort of calmed down seeing that I tend to hurt lvl 60's more than they like now.
I have found dungeon grinding to be the best from 52 to 60. Maybe not the best but the most fun.

Last edited:

The Voice

Executive Member
Dinged 60 on Friday after a lot of slacking. Ran Onyxia later in the evening, and MC the next day. Nice change is that no-one asks what your Raider IO score or ilevel is, or asks you to link some naff achievement that the guy forming the raid doesn't even have yet.

Been trying to farm as many blue BiS items as I can before DM opens this week, because I reckon the Spire and EPL are going to be ghost lands.

Next up is my epic mount, but still 500g short (and I'm not a Mage, so AOE farming vids do not apply).

Prawnapple

Expert Member
Dinged 60 on Friday after a lot of slacking. Ran Onyxia later in the evening, and MC the next day. Nice change is that no-one asks what your Raider IO score or ilevel is, or asks you to link some naff achievement that the guy forming the raid doesn't even have yet.

Been trying to farm as many blue BiS items as I can before DM opens this week, because I reckon the Spire and EPL are going to be ghost lands.

Next up is my epic mount, but still 500g short (and I'm not a Mage, so AOE farming vids do not apply).
Well, you could always just buy wow gold online :) I've bought gold online before. Really helps a lot if you want to play but don't have the time to sit and farm all the damned time.

The Voice

Executive Member
Well, you could always just buy wow gold online :) I've bought gold online before. Really helps a lot if you want to play but don't have the time to sit and farm all the damned time.
I did that once in Vanilla, and strangely felt really bad afterwards. Like I hadn't earned anything. I eventually ended up hating the CGFs and purposefully went around hunting them at a stage.

The gold I have now kind of just came along through questing, dungeons and putting up random crap on the AH. I guess if I actually did some farming it would go a lot quicker.

Pitbull

Verboten
It seems like maintenance broke the login servers ...
NOOOOOOO!!!!

O and the Wife will be joining us over the weekend. Says she wants to give it a go. So I'll have to get 60 very quickly so I can level with her :eek:

Rustie

I did that once in Vanilla, and strangely felt really bad afterwards. Like I hadn't earned anything. I eventually ended up hating the CGFs and purposefully went around hunting them at a stage.

The gold I have now kind of just came along through questing, dungeons and putting up random crap on the AH. I guess if I actually did some farming it would go a lot quicker.
What is CGF's? (Prob going to facepalm when you tell me)
chinese gold farmers?

Last edited:

Rustie

I just want to let my friends know, I am not enjoying this vanilla experience because THEY outvoted me to go on a PVE server.
I still rate playing with them much higher than being on a pvp server, but dammit man, no world pvp is a totally different experience and I do not like it at all.
So there, I said it.
(Things will be better when BGs are released I guess, but ...argh)

jadiwolv

I don't get how someone can play wow without world PVP. Each to their own I guess.

poffle

Executive Member
Daaaaaaamn i feel sorry for a guildie. He's a warr tank who got told to go fury. So as usual, a fury warr needs a Hand of justice from general Angerfore in BRD... he ran BRD arena + angerfore + golem lord... 32 times in a row in 1 day...
still no drop.
I ran with him on a few of those (for xp only, wasn't gonna steal his HoJ if it dropped) and Angefore literally dropped only the chest piece or axe for like 11 runs, that loot table is fked.
He geared out like 7 casters + healers full of pre-bis gear (Boots, rings, trinkets, belts) yet still no Hoj.

I pretty much stopped world questing at lvl 51 and just hopped into BRD and did all the quests, ran it a bunch of times for some gear. Got me to lvl 54 and 70% to 55 :D was good fun, met some great people, had AMAZING groups.... had some horribly sh#t groups as well. Good times.

The Voice

Executive Member
Daaaaaaamn i feel sorry for a guildie. He's a warr tank who got told to go fury. So as usual, a fury warr needs a Hand of justice from general Angerfore in BRD... he ran BRD arena + angerfore + golem lord... 32 times in a row in 1 day...
still no drop.
I ran with him on a few of those (for xp only, wasn't gonna steal his HoJ if it dropped) and Angefore literally dropped only the chest piece or axe for like 11 runs, that loot table is fked.
He geared out like 7 casters + healers full of pre-bis gear (Boots, rings, trinkets, belts) yet still no Hoj.

I pretty much stopped world questing at lvl 51 and just hopped into BRD and did all the quests, ran it a bunch of times for some gear. Got me to lvl 54 and 70% to 55 :D was good fun, met some great people, had AMAZING groups.... had some horribly sh#t groups as well. Good times.
Saw a hunter with it the other day.

The Voice

Executive Member
it makes me very angry and very sad.
Was going through BRD for quests and a bit of XP (was never going to farm the SGC), and our tank had run it 47 times in a row without it even dropping. FeelsBadMan.

poffle

Executive Member
Was going through BRD for quests and a bit of XP (was never going to farm the SGC), and our tank had run it 47 times in a row without it even dropping. FeelsBadMan.
Yeah, its terrible, well our warr eventually got it yesterday on his 8th run of the day... he got both HoJ and Naglering in 1 run LOL, rngfuckedupshit

Jase

Executive Member
I just want to let my friends know, I am not enjoying this vanilla experience because THEY outvoted me to go on a PVE server.
I still rate playing with them much higher than being on a pvp server, but dammit man, no world pvp is a totally different experience and I do not like it at all.
So there, I said it.
(Things will be better when BGs are released I guess, but ...argh)
I've been ganked so many times that I've lost count. Always a lock / mage combo that jumps me.

Funny story, I was questing with another dorf pally the other day (we spent a few hours running elites quest lines) and we were handing in a quest to that fallen hero of the horde in SoS. The way we were standing we were stacked up and it looked like just a single dorf. Along comes a rogue and saps me. I think he didn't realise we were two standing there, anyway he got stun locked by the two of us and was dead in a few secs and we just shrugged and carried on with the hand in and follow quest.

Pitbull

Verboten
I've been ganked so many times that I've lost count. Always a lock / mage combo that jumps me.

Funny story, I was questing with another dorf pally the other day (we spent a few hours running elites quest lines) and we were handing in a quest to that fallen hero of the horde in SoS. The way we were standing we were stacked up and it looked like just a single dorf. Along comes a rogue and saps me. I think he didn't realise we were two standing there, anyway he got stun locked by the two of us and was dead in a few secs and we just shrugged and carried on with the hand in and follow quest.
I was looking for you last night. But then my internet cocked out at around 20:00 so just went to bed instead :eek: