Are you planning on playing Vanilla WoW?

Solarion

Honorary Master
Yeah I think I will. I will at least try and eventually get into a Molten Core > Blackwing Lair raiding guild just to capture the nostalgia and how fun it was. This guild I was in disbanded after TBC was released. We got as far as The Twins in AQ 40.

Will be challenging getting 40 people to raid again I imagine.

Back then every time you loaded WoW this intro would automatically appear and you would have to Esc to cancel it and then log in. Good times.

The first thing I did after seeing the intro for the first time, was roll a Mage. Still Mage today on both factions.

Jase

Executive Member
I will most definitely be playing Official Classic, sick of the private servers, I've leveled far too many chars only for the realm to die and have to start again.

Can't wait to play again, but i'll be in oceanic timezone.
Okay, since I'm bored of late, I might give it a bash as a casual player. I'll most likely play in the Oceanic region as well since I spend quite a bit of time out that way.

poffle

Executive Member
Okay, since I'm bored of late, I might give it a bash as a casual player. I'll most likely play in the Oceanic region as well since I spend quite a bit of time out that way.

Awesome! Most definitely casual :) I also don't have time to dedicate 8 hours a day.

Whats nice tho is people know the content well enough that once you are almost pre-raid BIS you can just join PUG Ony's and MC's when you have time.

Closer to time we pick our servers, me and my mate are going PVE though, i love world PVP but i prefer leveling in peace.

Jase

Executive Member
Awesome! Most definitely casual :) I also don't have time to dedicate 8 hours a day.

Whats nice tho is people know the content well enough that once you are almost pre-raid BIS you can just join PUG Ony's and MC's when you have time.

Closer to time we pick our servers, me and my mate are going PVE though, i love world PVP but i prefer leveling in peace.
Cool. I'll download the game and mess around on the official servers till the release. I don't mind PVE although I've only ever played on a PvP server.

karnuffel

Expert Member
Yes I will! All my former guildies from way back when are married with kids now, so many if them will not join me :(

I miss the way WOW was. Its funny how the game changed over the years. You never get a response to a /i hi or /i ding anymore.

VoodooBean

Morning peeps

Yes I am interested in joining a SA guild for two main reasons: Braai chops and that silly stupid + 2 hour difference when raiding that kills me and sucks my life dry :p when I was on an EU formed guild

But on a serious note I want to join up and even help form a SA guild if needed, played wow since launch back in 2005 and stopped at MOP - Looking for Horde side and PVE please ( I really do not like the ganking )

Willing to play any class if needed and the aim is to do the 5 man content and 15 man UBRS and maybe 20 man raids when each phase comes out. The aim is really nostalgia and having fun so im not too fussed about the 40man raids as I was a raid leader way back in vanilla and the logistics of organising 40 people and reserves was an absolute nightmare.

Let me know who I can speak to :)

vatie

One thing to bear in mind for casuals is that I am quite certain that far more content will be pug'able than back in the day simply because the game and strategies is far more known these days. On private servers (and I am assuming that the differences aren't too great) MC, BWL and even Naxx trash/early bosses regularly gets farmed by pug groups. Of course the very nature of private servers does tend to attract a more hardcore audience, and PUG is not what I am looking for, butthe point I am trying to make is far more of the games content will be do-able by social players than was the case back in the day.

VoodooBean

One thing to bear in mind for casuals is that I am quite certain that far more content will be pug'able than back in the day simply because the game and strategies is far more known these days. On private servers (and I am assuming that the differences aren't too great) MC, BWL and even Naxx trash/early bosses regularly gets farmed by pug groups. Of course the very nature of private servers does tend to attract a more hardcore audience, and PUG is not what I am looking for, butthe point I am trying to make is far more of the games content will be do-able by social players than was the case back in the day.

Yes all the above is true, personally I think it would not be too hard to find any guild no matter what server you choose as the population will be immense in the very begining. And with this large population it wont be hard to do your lower content like level 60 dungeons and that stuff.

Jase

Executive Member

Alliance or Horde?

Reavs

Some of the old Affliction guild members are getting together to form a casual guild for classic. Faction is still undecided but it will most likely be on a PvE server. Anyone is welcome to join the social group on bnet if this interests you.

Join Scrubs

Reavs

Like Tipsout's WC run last week.

34bwvn4hsoy21.jpg