Are you planning on playing Vanilla WoW?

DMNknight

Expert Member
Also read the article this morning, quite funny actually. Either people forgot what it was like playing Vanilla or the guys doing the beta test have never actually played back then and only joined later with TBC and WotLK.

It seems Blizzard feels some players have incorrect memories of how WoW used to work

Are there enough Devs left of the original WoW to truly be able to say that with any authority?

Hellhound105

Executive Member
Wouldnt mind getting a small group together that is willing to help each other and do raids together.

mike.399

Hi all, just some thoughts on the SA community for classic,

In my experience, SA guilds (for me) have always seemed to fizzle out after awhile, even if you are doing well, like my last SA guild got the Jaina HC kill then we never raided again.. I mean load-shedding came into effect but we never got back into it.
The problem with trying to find another SA guild (or SA players to continue the guild), is the cost of moving servers / changing factions. I think it would be cool if we decided as a SA community to all join a single server, and kind of spread word that "x" server is where the SA players are at.
Then people who are interested in playing with a SA community know which server to join, and guilds can be formed between the community etc. I think it could be a good chance for the SA wow community with this "fresh" start, as no one feels locked into the servers and character lists they've spent so much time on in the past.

Maybe we could make a strawpoll with the server list, when it comes out, and people can vote on what server they want? An admin could even pin it on this post for us, or we make a new thread for it entirely.

Rustie

I think it would be cool if we decided as a SA community to all join a single server, and kind of spread word that "x" server is where the SA players are at.
Then people who are interested in playing with a SA community know which server to join, and guilds can be formed between the community etc. I think it could be a good chance for the SA wow community with this "fresh" start, as no one feels locked into the servers and character lists they've spent so much time on in the past.

I love this idea!

|Blunt

Hi all, just some thoughts on the SA community for classic,

In my experience, SA guilds (for me) have always seemed to fizzle out after awhile, even if you are doing well, like my last SA guild got the Jaina HC kill then we never raided again.. I mean load-shedding came into effect but we never got back into it.
The problem with trying to find another SA guild (or SA players to continue the guild), is the cost of moving servers / changing factions. I think it would be cool if we decided as a SA community to all join a single server, and kind of spread word that "x" server is where the SA players are at.

Maybe we could make a strawpoll with the server list, when it comes out, and people can vote on what server they want? An admin could even pin it on this post for us, or we make a new thread for it entirely.

Great idea

I will be creating a raiding guild for classic, made mostly from South African players but not limited to them
Will keep an eye on what server the community moves towards

Reavs

We will be rolling on a PvE server. Just keeping an eye on where streamers are planning to go.

envo

Expert Member
only if I can play it from my mobile, otherwise I'm not going to bother

Yster21

Great idea

I will be creating a raiding guild for classic, made mostly from South African players but not limited to them
It would be good to identify a server early, then SA people can invade it and be together. If my friends drag me into it (kicking and screaming), I'll insist we do Horde this time.

Voicy

Honorary Master
The stress tests look really cool.

Yesterday the GMs spawned Ragnaros and Thrall into Stormwind to see how it handles.

(Images from /r/wow)

thrall.jpg

ragnaros.jpg

mike.399

Great idea

Awesome, we'll just have to keep an eye out for when the realms are announced.

VoodooBean

Great idea

Will you cater for normal social players in your 5 man dungeons and 15 man UBRS? Because Id probs be doing that mostly in the start then dabbling in MC if you run a decent time instead of the 9pm - 10pm raid times.

mike.399

Myself and couple old school players got together, and decided to make a community discord server to gage South African interest in the game, as well as help facilitate the formation of guilds, realm choice, faction choice etc. Here's the link if you are thinking about playing: https://discord.gg/Xdj97tR

Last edited:

VoodooBean

Myself and couple old school players got together, and decided to make a community discord server to gage South African interest in the game, as well as help facilitate the formation of guilds, realm choice, faction choice etc. Here's the link if you are thinking about playing: https://discord.gg/Xdj97tR

I just went to your channel, unfortunately I wont be interested in a PVP realm.

I tried a PVP years ago and hated it from level 20 - 30 onwards being ganked and unable to do any quests because they corpse camp, presumably it will be same this time around, so sorry but no thanks :)

mike.399

I tried a PVP years ago and hated it from level 20 - 30 onwards being ganked and unable to do any quests because they corpse camp, presumably it will be same this time around, so sorry but no thanks :)

Hey, the discord isn't just for the PvPer's :) Players are showing interest in PvE as well, there will be a vote when the servers come out to determine which PvP and which PvE server is looking to be the most popular among the community.

Reavs

You are welcome to join us. We will be rolling Alliance on a PvE realm.

Scrubs bnet group.

|Blunt

Will do, Thanks. We are also still deciding on PvE vs PvP

Last edited:

carstensdj

Expert Member
I've joined the Discord Server... Will be getting myself setup to jam with you guys when time allows (asap).
Discord Nick: [TTSA] Ufonik