Are you planning on playing Vanilla WoW?

axsis

There was so much to do (Character development wise) that if you do it right, you will have no time for alts, and will be busy leveling cooking, fishing, weapon skills, getting rep for certain factions, leveling skills. Back in Vanilla only people who had alts were the people who built Smurfs. They had no time for multiple characters, unless they didn't really work on development, just leveled to 60 and started again.

I recall having to RUN where you wanted to be for 40 levels. Then have a standard mount till level 60. At level 60 only you got the Epic mount, and then still there was no flying. Only Flight paths which you had to actually discover. I remember the Warlock quest for the Epic mount taking WEEKS to complete for a "Free" Mount.

Farming took ages to get the gold you needed to buy the Epic riding skill. 5k Gold didn't come as easy as it does now...

I made an alt right at the end of vanilla but I started later (beginning of 2006). I had made a few smurfs for level 19 WSG fun heh.

One thing I really remember is basically killing mobs for about 10 levels because questing wasn't that good, not sure if I made a mistake (probably did).

The other thing was because people didn't really have alts, you kind of made do with them as long as they were half decent.

carstensdj

Expert Member
Does anyone know if the Lightshope servers are going down for good, later this month? My brother says that when WoW Classic launches, they are apparently dropping the Lightshope Vanilla servers... Would like to hear if anyone else has heard this?

Pitbull

Verboten
I remember having shyte tanks and having to run from graveyards back to the dungeons. Tanks would get sworn at, healers got sworn at... was never us Dps guys' fault

carstensdj

Expert Member
I remember having shyte tanks and having to run from graveyards back to the dungeons. Tanks would get sworn at, healers got sworn at... was never us Dps guys' fault
Don't even get me started! Feel like I spent my life as a DPS, doing the Tanks job! lol

Jase

Executive Member
Nobody ever swore at the Olifant otherwise he just forgot to give you them Healzes ... :p

Jase

Executive Member
Anyways, I'm still deciding on whether to play with the Aussies or Europe.

Pitbull

Verboten
Anyways, I'm still deciding on whether to play with the Aussies or Europe.

Yea, hard as you're away half the time. Probably best when you're away. As when you're home, more time with the family? Grind when at work :D

Jase

Executive Member
Yea, hard as you're away half the time. Probably best when you're away. As when you're home, more time with the family? Grind when at work :D
Kids and wife at school or work. I will have most mornings to myself. Weekends are mostly out as we are 90% out and about. :unsure:

poffle

Executive Member
I think we need to merge the other classic thread and this.

This is very true, Avoid streamers servers:

Esfand, Asmongold, and sodapoppin have all picked Faerlina-US. Toweliee will be playing on Pagle-US. The most popular EU realm appears to be Shazzrah, where queues exceeded 1 hour. The few EU streamers have so far picked Golemagg-EU.

Psycho Pitbull

Expert Member
I am soooo tempted to resub for Classic.
I was quite late to the WoW party, and only started playing after Cataclysm was launched.

Pitbull

Verboten
I am soooo tempted to resub for Classic.
I was quite late to the WoW party, and only started playing after Cataclysm was launched.

You definitely need to resub then. You missed the essence of what WoW was. TBC was the last WoW. After that they catered for the masses and strafed away from the main aim of what WoW was.

Psycho Pitbull

Expert Member
You definitely need to resub then. You missed the essence of what WoW was. TBC was the last WoW. After that they catered for the masses and strafed away from the main aim of what WoW was.

I have heard that same thing being said by so many different people, that WoW lost it's luster after BC.
Screw it, come payday, I am going to resub.

Pitbull

Verboten
Have you guys decided on a Server yet?

Would be great of we all play on the same server even if opposing factions.

Hellhound105

Executive Member
Have you guys decided on a Server yet?

Would be great of we all play on the same server even if opposing factions.

Golemagg - Not sure why but yes.

Also got my nickname reserved - Hellhound - First of his name :)

Nibiru

Shazzrah, take into account the game WILL die down, many wont like it or move back to retail. The populations will drop and I am thus calling on Shazzzzzy.

Pitbull

Verboten
Golemagg - Not sure why but yes.

Also got my nickname reserved - Hellhound - First of his name :)

So we're all heading there?

Just a reminder, in Vanilla you could not make a toon on both factions on one Server.
Who are the MyBB people on the Horde side, and who's on the Alliance side?