Are you planning on playing Vanilla WoW?

Solarion

Honorary Master
Will probably play it for the old school look and feel of the game. As for end game content: been there and done it to death so nope.

Arzy

Honorary Master
Fek, still confused. Installed for the hell of it last night on a whim and actually thought about multiboxing the start.

On the flip side though I have wife, kids, borderlands 3 and greedfall as alternatives.

Pitbull

Verboten
I'm installing and will resub this weekend.

I haven't been this exited for a long time :) Just too bad it's only going live on Tuesday /cry!

Henri18

Will be playing both retail and Classic, since I got Mythic key group on retail which I don't want to abandon.

Classic will probably anyway be so full. It will take probably a few hours to get in. I can't wait to listen to the WoW music and wandering around with my human warrior. Hopefully the community will be good, doubt it be the same like back in the day.

poffle

Executive Member
GL HF to any of you that choese Gole or Shazz. 5 hr queues await you

Pitbull

Verboten
Oh gosh, busy busy servers ...

View attachment 702673

From what I gathered on the Official Forums. They have layering and servers on back-up. They are implementing servers as they are required.

They will however not roll out a server if there is a small queue as they expect players to drop off after the initial phase. They will however roll out additional servers if there are 5 hours queue time for sure. They aim to keep the servers as populated as possible. And from what I'm gathering, the server count is purely based on name reservations now. It's not taking into account players who will only re-sub on the 27th which seems to be the vast majority.

I think we'll see at least 2 or 3 more servers come next week-end.

Jase

Executive Member
From what I gathered on the Official Forums. They have layering and servers on back-up. They are implementing servers as they are required.

They will however not roll out a server if there is a small queue as they expect players to drop off after the initial phase. They will however roll out additional servers if there are 5 hours queue time for sure. They aim to keep the servers as populated as possible. And from what I'm gathering, the server count is purely based on name reservations now. It's not taking into account players who will only re-sub on the 27th which seems to be the vast majority.

I think we'll see at least 2 or 3 more servers come next week-end.
I'm not fazed as I'll be playing as an extreme casual. Take in the sights, no rush to end game at all. Enjoy the journey and all that.

carstensdj

Expert Member
I didn't see a response to my query regarding the Lightshope servers going down at the end of this month. Just in case someone answered and I've missed it, can anyone clear up what's happening with that?

Jase

Executive Member
I didn't see a response to my query regarding the Lightshope servers going down at the end of this month. Just in case someone answered and I've missed it, can anyone clear up what's happening with that?
Is there anything on their website? (I'm at work so cannot check).

Pitbull

Verboten
I had WoW on an external drive. Looked for that specific drive for about an hour. Found it, just to realize I formatted it and created a boot disc from it...

I have to re-download the whole client again. How big is the WoW client now?

Edit: Nvm, 60GB :D

Last edited:

Jase

Executive Member
I had WoW on an external drive. Looked for that specific drive for about an hour. Found it, just to realize I formatted it and created a boot disc from it...

I have to re-download the whole client again. How big is the WoW client now?

Edit: Nvm, 60GB :D
There is a separate WoW classic download on battlenet.