Are you planning to change jobs in 2020?

Are you planning to change jobs in 2020?

• Yes

Votes: 47 52.2%
  • No

Votes: 43 47.8%

• Total voters

PoppieChoffel

Executive Member
I was planning to, but as it turned out, forced job change as I was retrenched end of last year.

ReeceDBN031

Expert Member
Would LOVE a change, more money would be great aswell.. i want to buy my two girls a home.

DarkDragon

Yes, we have retrenched more then 200 people. I don't want to stick around and find out who is next. My position feels redundant. I want to go Web development.

stixx

Not in 2020, but I am upskilling myself for a change in career in 2021 if all goes well.

MirageF1

Executive Member
@rpm and how about unemployed/looking for work?

That then covers everyone.

The stats would be telling.

namzsteve

Expert Member
No plans.

Moved to a different company within the group of companies, it's probably time to move on or really push my freelance stuff.

Shaun108

Executive Member
Tough choice, but working conditions are bleak. Guess I'll have to, for existential reasons.

KIRESH26

Really need a change this year! Been in a toxic working environment for the past two years. The scariest thing to do is change jobs, especially when you have people dependening on you.

blaaislaai

Executive Member
Yes, been looking for something else since September 2019.
12th year at the current company and I feel bored

krycor

Honorary Master
Yes, my boss clearly has a low opinion of me, always making snide school-boy insults. But I also want to move out of the industry I'm in and possibly move into the start-up scene. But also know the job market is tough and paid sort of well for what I do.
He shouldn’t be in management then.

Wrt to me, changed jobs.. jury out on whether I stick or change again.

I am finicky about disorganization and survived a long time in such a place due to lack of options. Hoping I’m not in the same situation again.

krycor

Honorary Master
New country new job, hopefully.
Wish I could do this.. but people seem to think they can tell their ex partners where to move & live when there are kid/s involved. So sorting this crap out before considering abroad.

krycor

Honorary Master
Might go back to my old job, still deciding though.
So this is always tricky.. in fact I’d say it’s trickier than accepting a counter offer as it puts you in a worse position of weakness and if you have bad management they will exploit it.

Going back to help out also seems ok on paper.. but then questions get asked about why u left in the 1st place and the validity of concerns unless sufficient time and changes occur in the interim.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Wish I could do this.. but people seem to think they can tell their ex partners where to move & live when there are kid/s involved. So sorting this crap out before considering abroad.
Part of why I'm doing it so late. Wife's youngest just moved out.

krycor

Honorary Master
Part of why I'm doing it so late. Wife's youngest just moved out.
I’m hoping I’m not stuck here another 12yrs.. technically they cannot but people are idiots and it’s more of a delay and frustrate tactic

Mr Smooth

So this is always tricky.. in fact I’d say it’s trickier than accepting a counter offer as it puts you in a worse position of weakness and if you have bad management they will exploit it.

Going back to help out also seems ok on paper.. but then questions get asked about why u left in the 1st place and the validity of concerns unless sufficient time and changes occur in the interim.
Good points you make. I left on a good note and my position has not been filled. New job is boring and not that much challenging.