Are you planning to leave South Africa?

• Yes

Votes: 310 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 207 40.0%

• Total voters

Kelerei

Expert Member
Buggered off a year ago. Best decision we ever made -- we're planning on starting a family soon, and knew deep down that they would have no future in South Africa (wrong skin colour, destructive and divisive government policies, etc.). They're going to have a far better here.

In terms of urban culture, cosmopolitanism and climate, Wellington isn't too different from Cape Town (though the wind can be a real bugger). It's rapidly becoming a technology hotspot as well, which as an IT professional is great for me: we both enjoy being in a smaller centre, and away from the madness of the Auckland housing market. Just don't expect to find affordable property near the CBD, but it's a different story out in the suburbs: we live 30 km out of town due to property there being far more affordable (and, dare I say, a lot nicer as well!) and commute via rail daily.

Wellington, and New Zealand in general, is not for everyone -- but it is for us.

Thor

Honorary Master
Leaving because there is no future for white people in South Africa and crime is out of control.

Going to the USA.

InternetLuddite

Expert Member
Yes. Was planning to go back to UK in two years but now could be EU or US based on internal opportunity offered at work .. will take the US one if it pans out, even if I am the wrong colour , ie brown, for the US ..

supersunbird

Honorary Master
I voted no, because I don't have kids. But if some decent country offered easy access, I'd probably try to take it up.

Tman*

Expert Member
Any evidence of this "mass exodus"?
I'm basing the "exodus" on my personal experience over the last 12months on the sectors I work and have exposure too. This will be the immigration & emigration, relocation and property sector.

Jopie Fourie

Yes. Flying out June 2020. Will give us a 2-month break before the new school year start abroad.

Leaving to Panama and moving my online business there.

Reasons for Leaving in no particular order:

1. ANC and a failed state.
2. No future for our children in South Africa.
3. Declining economy.
4. EWC
5. NHI
6. Appropriations.
7. AA
8. BEE
9. Extreme taxes in SA
10. Labour laws
11. High cost of living in SA.
12. Extremely high crime rate.
13. White hate & oppression.

ijacobs3

Expert Member
Would like to go but I can't get a permanent residence permit anywhere, and thanks to the ANC my available funds have been somewhat imploded (FX Rate, poor local economy and stock markets).

So not going anywhere. But would like to, the ANC is destroying this country.
Same boat

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Unless the private US school we have entered our children into lied about starting in the first week of August....
Everything I've seen on the web indicates the Panamanian school year starts in Feb?

Jopie Fourie

Everything I've seen on the web indicates the Panamanian school year starts in Feb?
Perhaps their public schools, but I am not sure about that. We have opted for a private school on a US curriculum and they start in August. In fact, this year they started the 12th of August.

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Perhaps their public schools, but I am not sure about that. We have opted for a private school on a US curriculum and they start in August. In fact, this year they started the 12th of August.
Ok - cool. Mine will be starting in September after Labor Day. :)