Are you planning to travel abroad over the December holidays?

• Yes

Votes: 21 11.4%
  • No

Votes: 94 51.1%
  • Maybe, I am waiting for the restrictions to ease

Votes: 19 10.3%
  • I would if I had the means

Votes: 21 11.4%
  • I have the means, but I am afraid of catching Covid

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • I am going to travel within South Africa

Votes: 25 13.6%

• Total voters

MartinGB

MyBroadband Staff
Staff member
Company Rep

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Hmm depending on finances may go seek a bit of sun somewhere in southern Europe

LCBXX

Honorary Master
No love the beach here.
You cannot swim with your mask on and therefore the beaches will be closed in order to stop the spread of Covid and prevent hospitals from overflowing.

Rather go to Makro.

Norrad

Expert Member
Hmm depending on finances may go seek a bit of sun somewhere in southern Europe
Sun in December in Europe? Even the south of France is still cold. I escaped to Antibes during Christmas when I lived in the UK and it was cold most days (15 degrees average).

I'm seriously considering a Zanzibar getaway for a week or two over December.

JuliusSeizure

Expert Member
Will probably wait a while for Contiki to fully reopen. I've been working from my room since level 5 lockdown so need to get out at some point.

KillerOnDrugX

Going to go to Tomorrowland Winter in March next year in the French Alps. Also wanted to hop around Scandinavia in December provided things go well!

Priapus

Executive Member
Yes, if the UK lift the restrictions on travellers from SA. Otherwise we just have to wait until they do.

eg2505

Honorary Master
would be nice to travel abroad, but not so nice if another covid wave comes and your stranded there and cant return home.
we all know how efficiently DIRCO and the ANC are, especially at foreign embassies.

JuliusSeizure

Expert Member
would be nice to travel abroad, but not so nice if another covid wave comes and your stranded there and cant return home.
we all know how efficiently DIRCO and the ANC are, especially at foreign embassies.

I haven't been to a foreign embassy but I would imagine that they would actually invest in foreign embassies as it's a reflection of the country to the world. They usually just up their game for a short while when we host international events so I would have thought they do the same at foreign embassies.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
I haven't been to a foreign embassy but I would imagine that they would actually invest in foreign embassies as it's a reflection of the country to the world. They usually just up their game for a short while when we host international events so I would have thought they do the same at foreign embassies.
Their investment in foreign embassies is solely so that cadres with their hands caught in the cookie jar can be redeployed somewhere comfortable.

eg2505

Honorary Master
Their investment in foreign embassies is solely so that cadres with their hands caught in the cookie jar can be redeployed somewhere comfortable.
this,

ANC naughty corner, where those cadres they cant fire get to go to.
especially if that place is someplace cold like Iceland :ROFL: