Are you prepared for the 21-day national lockdown?

Are you prepared for the 21-day national lockdown?

• Yes

Votes: 261 61.0%
  • Not now, but I will be come Thursday

Votes: 90 21.0%
  • No

Votes: 77 18.0%

• Total voters

Jings

Treasure Maker
Got caught up in the panic buying and bought some bottles of alcoholic beverages, including Corona. Funny thing is I have drank any alcohol in several months. What a chop.

Toxxyc

Expert Member
Got caught up in the panic buying and bought some bottles of alcoholic beverages, including Corona. Funny thing is I have drank any alcohol in several months. What a chop.
You saw the new small bottles of Corona? They're called Coronitas. I love it! Not the best beer, but I love the name.

Jings

Treasure Maker
You saw the new small bottles of Corona? They're called Coronitas. I love it! Not the best beer, but I love the name.
Only Corona Extra is still available at the store. Taste great with a lime wedge inside.

Cashier said people panic buying since Monday and they've been rushed off their feet non-stop.

Toxxyc

Expert Member
Only Corona Extra is still available at the store. Taste great with a lime wedge inside.

Cashier said people panic buying since Monday and they've been rushed off their feet non-stop.
People add a lime wedge to hide the skunk. Beers bottled in clear glass, like Corona, has absolutely no protection from light, which breaks down the hop presence in beers to a "skunky" smell. That's why beers with clear glass (and for the most part, green glass) are often served a a lime wedge. That's also why quality craft beers are sold in brown glass. Brown glass stops most of the UV that's harmful to the hops.

#BeerFunFacts

Jings

Treasure Maker
People add a lime wedge to hide the skunk. Beers bottled in clear glass, like Corona, has absolutely no protection from light, which breaks down the hop presence in beers to a "skunky" smell. That's why beers with clear glass (and for the most part, green glass) are often served a a lime wedge. That's also why quality craft beers are sold in brown glass. Brown glass stops most of the UV that's harmful to the hops.

#BeerFunFacts
Thanks, learned something new today.

Charlesjjm

Still need to get some beer and toilet paper, then I'm sorted. Then I'll only have to pop out for some bread and milk.

kolaval

Expert Member
Bliksemse mense luister nie!
Can't go to PnP, the queues are too long, woolies have nothing on the shelves.

MirageF1

Executive Member
Busiest shops now making people q orderly outside, and letting in a few at a time.

And we're not even in lockdown so to speak yet.

Even the local pharmacy had a q.
IMG-20200325-WA0007.jpeg

Red Plumstead

Expert Member
What do you really need to be ready. Some food. There is lots of cats in the neighbourhood. Do what certain Seapoint restaurant have done to make steak and kidney pies.

jphegers

Are you prepared for the 21-day national lockdown announced by President Cyril Ramaphosa?
I am totally prepared as i am elde5ly and on a oxygen concentrator for 6 hours a day and understand the implication for myself

jphegers

I am totally prepared as i am elderly and on a oxygen concentrator for 6 hours a day and understand the implication for myself

Ken Nakamura

#BeerFunFacts
The same applies to our favorite beverage from my home town. Sake is kept in very dark amber bottles for this same reason. Light breaks down the fermented compounds causing a sour taste. This is also why clear bottles of Hakutsuru are intended for short term storage, rather, you need to buy it and drink it soon after. These small bottles are intended for konbini (convenience stores) and vending machines as you would notice in Japan.

GunRunner

When I saw the first case, started getting my things in order. Pretty much set as well as I could be. Working from home for a week already, and I figure I have maybe 2 items I want to top up on. (No, tp isn't one of them, and no, I haven't bought a warehouse of tp)

T1nman

Did what I could, water, food, heating and cooking backups. . . sadly not enough time to find a cost effective electricity generating capacity.

Düber

Not sure what to expect, as others have said, but I have got gas, petrol, food (aside from fresh stuff) and wood and steel for projects that need finishing and doing.
I have also made a "Lockdown survival box" filled with treats and sweets for my daughter :)) and us) to dip into when cabin fever sets in.
You are only going to really know what you should have got when you need it unfortunately. :(