Are you thinking of emigrating?

Are you thinking of emigrating, in the process of emigrating or have you already left South Africa?

• I am in the process of emigrating

Votes: 42 13.3%
  • No, I will never leave South Africa

Votes: 31 9.8%
  • I have already left the country

Votes: 24 7.6%
  • I want to leave, but don't have the means

Votes: 88 27.9%
  • I am thinking about leaving, but not actively pursuing it at this time

Votes: 130 41.3%

• Total voters

MartinGB

MyBroadband Staff
Staff member
Company Rep
Are you thinking of emigrating, in the process of emigrating or have you already left South Africa?

Last edited:

RedViking

Nord of the South
Other.

I would like to go visit a couple of countries and decide where I would like to settle, that is if such an option is even possible. Maybe go to NZ for 6 months would be nice.

GreatWmR

Expert Member
I'm in the long process of getting my German passport
I won't leave immediately once I get it, It's more of a backup plan for now

JohnMao

Executive Member

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
No
A Captain never leaves his sinking ship
sinking ship 2020 - Album on Imgur

PaulMurkin

Expert Member
on my way out, already working for a company that's based in Atlanta, Georgia. Under consideration for a position in the EU because I do not wish to live in the USA.

I participated in the poll but I didn't fall for the click-baity title that implies "Wealthy taxpayers" are leaving.
Reality check for journalism:
* The wealthy left long ago
* The ones with means to, left long ago
* Those with scarce skills left not so long ago
* Then there's most of us who gave it our best shot, have elderly parents here, or other ties but we would like to leave.

krycor

Honorary Master
I’m in the it’s complicated because step child.

I can easily get a job abroad, her (wife) depends.. and that’s the part we need to get right. So busy sorting that.. likely next year we will make a move? Maybe? Hopefully? Saving for court and getting our ducks in a row.

Herr der Verboten

Honorary Master

JohnMao

Executive Member
on my way out, already working for a company that's based in Atlanta, Georgia. Under consideration for a position in the EU because I do not wish to live in the USA.

I participated in the poll but I didn't fall for the click-baity title that implies "Wealthy taxpayers" are leaving.
Reality check for journalism:
* The wealthy left long ago
* The ones with means to, left long ago
* Those with scarce skills left not so long ago
* Then there's most of us who gave it our best shot, have elderly parents here, or other ties but we would like to leave.
Not all with scarce skills have left. There are a bunch of us who have already started the process (research, cost analysis etc).

Brawler

Honorary Master
I am thinking about leaving, but not actively pursuing it at this time.

Man this has been wrecking my brain for years and the indecision has probably cost me already (34yo).
I can get into England on ancestral visa but as much as l love spending time there on holiday I could never live there. The other countries I want to go to have got ridiculously strict entry requirements and I am not sure I will make it even though I do have degree + certs + experience and I do not want to waste money trying.

Having a young child does not help.
One needs to decide stay in SA and let them see their family but then leave you behind when they leave when they graduate or leave the family behind now and go with them. Really sucky conundrum for those who have a good family.