ARGH!!! Anyone, please advise... (DAFFY,you know!)

guest2013-1

I just noticed my neighbour (right accross from me, daffy will know, I was the previous megawan highsite) has put up a huge omni (I think) and called it 'panorama'.

Will this effect my plans on putting up my own AP? Or do I just coax him into linking up with my router and use his current antennae?

armitage

Expert Member
Well depending. did he set it up so that he can make connections to others or just to one specific peep?
If he shares it than that means u just saved ure self a bundle of cash

[:)]

Proud South african rip offs.

guest2013-1

its suppose to be a secure network, but i cracked his netword code in under 2 seconds and could connect... dont think he has the intention of sharing it

daffy

Expert Member
Unfortunately, in the ISM bands there isn't really a set procedure for dealing with interference if the interfering parties aren't breaking the 100mW EIRP limit.
ICASA insists that you should try an come to some sort of gentleman's agreement with the offending parties, work out a solution (such as planning to use frequencies as far apart as possible).

I would suggest that you approach the guy, and just have a chat with him. Even mention the community efforts, and see if he's willing to co-operate.

guest2013-1

Naw, looks like an 11mb link, can't see any pc's on his network though, although my wireless says it's connected to it...

he's definately not running a router, or has DHCP disabled... any other tricks you guys can think of to get into his systems?

btw, spam, I have a 1 meg internet link now, more than enough ;)