Armed robbery of South African gamer caught on Twitch livestream

Jan

Who's the Boss?
Staff member
South African gamer robbed at gunpoint during Twitch livestream — Video

A video showing how a South African gamer's house was robbed while she was live-streaming on Twitch recently surfaced online.

Sterna Lewis, her two sons, and her boyfriend Mario Englebrecht were at the mercy of three armed robbers in their home for two and a half hours in a residential estate in Amberfield, Centurion on Friday night.

Lewis spoke to MyBroadband about the ordeal.

The 37-year-old, who goes by "Miss Bandiit" on Twitch, has been gaming since 2007.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
How did they enter and exit the estate?

I would sue estate security first, absolutely unacceptable, probably in on it.

You know that will be expensive and you might not win? This is not the US.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
During her last round, which was played at around 23:00, the robbers entered their home and initially confronted Engelbrecht.

This is the real detail I want to know about, which people can learn from. Did they break in? Was a door open? Was a window open?

RedViking

Nord of the South
This is the real detail I want to know about, which people can learn from. Did they break in? Was a door open? Was a window open?
Since when has any of those objects stop a robber from entering a home. What exactly is it you expect to learn here?

eg2505

Honorary Master
Since when has any of those objects stop a robber from entering a home. What exactly is it you expect to learn here?
private security is all worthless, literally hire people that security is their "day" job,
their "real" job is breaking and entering,

Reactions: XTM

supersunbird

Honorary Master

Now that that has been dispensed with, now we can focus on what happened, so that others can learn (don't be lulled into false sense of security in any estate). I drove past a house today that has had a break-in, and positive pre break-in scouting event recently, and yet the front door security gate is standing wide open.