Arrests of activists continue in Zimbabwe

Sollie

Honorary Master
Arrests of activists continue in Zimbabwe

Journalist Godfrey Mtimba is in custody for filming the arrests of opposition members.

In Harare, two other journalists, Frank Chikowore and Samuel Takawira, are on trial for interviewing an MDC MP who had been tortured and was in hospital.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Zim won't get out of this mess for as long as ZANU-PF are in power. In my layman opinion, they need a complete new constitution and electoral reforms (current system is rigged in their favour), as well as dismantling of each and everything branch of government. But I'm no politician.

Mista_Mobsta

Expert Member
Reading articles like this makes me wonder why people even think that majority of Zimbabweans would actually vote for Zanu-PF whilst that murderer Bob was still in power? Blatant dictatorship moves straight from the chess board of a one-sided player. No wonder so many Zimbabweans have fled their country. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Reading articles like this makes me wonder why people even think that majority of Zimbabweans would actually vote for Zanu-PF whilst that murderer Bob was still in power? Blatant dictatorship moves straight from the chess board of a one-sided player. No wonder so many Zimbabweans have fled their country. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
ZANU-PF still has supporters from amongst the populace. I worked with one such person years ago.

Mista_Mobsta

Expert Member
ZANU-PF still has supporters from amongst the populace. I worked with one such person years ago.
Not too suprised - it's natural for humans to have very differing views on what is wrong/right and who to vote for etc. What bothers me is that people seem to think that all Zimbabweans voted for Zanu-PF whilst they also fled the country in their droves due to the political incompetence! 100% guaranteed that Zanu-PF rigged elections.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Not too suprised - it's natural for humans to have very differing views on what is wrong/right and who to vote for etc. What bothers me is that people seem to think that all Zimbabweans voted for Zanu-PF whilst they also fled the country in their droves due to the political incompetence! 100% guaranteed that Zanu-PF rigged elections.
Not true at all. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they reveal ZANU-PF rigged elections in their favour these past few years.

Sollie

Honorary Master
Not true at all. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they reveal ZANU-PF rigged elections in their favour these past few years.
I read that as you disagreeing that you're agreeing?

Tbh, it's also my view. One Zim jounalist had to flee Zim, a highly educated gentleman. He was actively sought even locally for being too vocal. He found refuge at a friends house. He posed as a gardener, pulling out a few weeds in the morning, trimming the lawn now and then, but spent most of his day sitting in the back yard writing. My friend passed away a bit back. I'm not sure what happened to the journalist. I hope he found another safe haven.

Then again I've met a rabid ZAU-PF member or two in South Africa. Makes you wonder where the disconnect is.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
I read that as you disagreeing that you're agreeing?

Tbh, it's also my view. One Zim jounalist had to flee Zim, a highly educated gentleman. He was actively sought even locally for being too vocal. He found refuge at a friends house. He posed as a gardener, pulling out a few weeds in the morning, trimming the lawn now and then, but spent most of his day sitting in the back yard writing. My friend passed away a bit back. I'm not sure what happened to the journalist. I hope he found another safe haven.

Then again I've met a rabid ZAU-PF member or two in South Africa. Makes you wonder where the disconnect is.
My mistake if that's the case. I meant to highlight the bit below first
What bothers me is that people seem to think that all Zimbabweans voted for Zanu-PF whilst they also fled the country

In my defence, I only had 3 hours of sleep last night.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
But zimbabwe is such a good example of a successful country we should emulate...
I understand you're being sarcastic but even Juju was beginning to distance himself fromt what Zim has become.

Last edited:

SoldierMan

Executive Member
What I don't get is, why doesn't that person go live in Zim if they approve? Why live here?

Because they are stupid, and I don't mean that in a joking way. You have to be very low IQ (idiot) when you see your country destroyed, so much so that they have to go live elsewhere, but then still support the party that is responsible for the destruction.