Arsenal FC Supporters Thread - 2018/19 Season

The Voice

Executive Member
Why not. He loves Özil, and Luiz. And just so happens to still be unemployed and in England. He's a serial winner, tells it how it is - to the press and his players.

Let me just go on the record here. I don't hate Emery. I didn't envy his position when he came in having to try and turn everything around that had been the same for 21 years with Arsene Wenger. His first season went as expected - we got to a European final (of which he had won 3 in a row previously), went on a 22 game unbeaten run, and I think we finished higher than I had expected him to (dropping from 3rd to 5th in our last 8 games was tough to take, but it happened).

During the summer we had some shuffling at the back with Sven leaving, Raul, Edu and that other matey taking over. We even had Kroenke Jnr responding to the open letter we sent him. We started selling dead wood - something Wenger would never do, and made room for real up and coming talent. Unlike Wenger, Emery signed youngsters and actually played them in the first team. Guendouzi has played almost every game for us since we signed him, and thankfully, because he's become one of our best players.

Yes, his selections sometimes don't make sense, but even tonight when we played possibly our best side this season, we still barely scraped a draw after being 2 up. Where exactly does the problem lie then? What's so bad with Özil that he can't tell us that keeps him out the squad, even though he himself has said that he trains hard with the team, etc? Our forwards are crying out for number 10 to run the show behind them. Start of the season I was hyped at the thought of Özil supply Laca, Auba and Pepe. And now Emery wants our only true DM to do that job.

Does he need more time to figure it out? Should we be patient? Or should we help me pack and wish him a "good ebening"?

We stuck by our man for 21 years - and started turning on him in the final 10 as he slowly broke away our confidence in him as the manager of the club we love. 21 years. And now we're a year and a bit into the next manager, and we all wants his head on a stick outside the Emirates? Have we REALLY forgotten who we are? Have we really turned into the other shitty fans around us who want a new manager every week?

Lateinlife

Why not. He loves Özil, and Luiz. And just so happens to still be unemployed and in England. He's a serial winner, tells it how it is - to the press and his players.

Let me just go on the record here. I don't hate Emery. I didn't envy his position when he came in having to try and turn everything around that had been the same for 21 years with Arsene Wenger. His first season went as expected - we got to a European final (of which he had won 3 in a row previously), went on a 22 game unbeaten run, and I think we finished higher than I had expected him to (dropping from 3rd to 5th in our last 8 games was tough to take, but it happened).

During the summer we had some shuffling at the back with Sven leaving, Raul, Edu and that other matey taking over. We even had Kroenke Jnr responding to the open letter we sent him. We started selling dead wood - something Wenger would never do, and made room for real up and coming talent. Unlike Wenger, Emery signed youngsters and actually played them in the first team. Guendouzi has played almost every game for us since we signed him, and thankfully, because he's become one of our best players.

Yes, his selections sometimes don't make sense, but even tonight when we played possibly our best side this season, we still barely scraped a draw after being 2 up. Where exactly does the problem lie then? What's so bad with Özil that he can't tell us that keeps him out the squad, even though he himself has said that he trains hard with the team, etc? Our forwards are crying out for number 10 to run the show behind them. Start of the season I was hyped at the thought of Özil supply Laca, Auba and Pepe. And now Emery wants our only true DM to do that job.

Does he need more time to figure it out? Should we be patient? Or should we help me pack and wish him a "good ebening"?

We stuck by our man for 21 years - and started turning on him in the final 10 as he slowly broke away our confidence in him as the manager of the club we love. 21 years. And now we're a year and a bit into the next manager, and we all wants his head on a stick outside the Emirates? Have we REALLY forgotten who we are? Have we really turned into the other shitty fans around us who want a new manager every week?
Absolutely fantastic reply to everyone. Give this man a Bells !!!!

mercury12

Expert Member
No thanks. Keep Maureen as far away from our club as possible.

Emery over and out!
Couldnt agree more.. Cant believe people are advocating for that vile c***. He has ruined every club he has managed and he is a piece of s***

The Voice

Executive Member
Couldnt agree more.. Cant believe people are advocating for that vile c***. He has ruined every club he has managed and he is a piece of s***
He's won the league with every one of them, sadly. Bar United - who still won the Europa League.

Like I said: we finally got rid of the longest serving manager in English football, and now that the new guy hasn't won us a treble in the 17 months he's been in charge, we want him gone, too. We're turning into the other **** fans at the other **** clubs, and we're better than that. It's the start of an ugly cycle if we head down this road, and if it's what you really want, then yes: you only go for managers like Mourinho, because they deliver results. Serial cunts. But also serial winners.

We knew this was going to happen when Wenger left. NO-ONE walks into THAT job and turns it around straight away. EVERY pundit out there said the day he was announced that he has a lot of work to. That he needs at least 2 seasons. 3 transfer windows minimum to get going.

But. Yeah. #EmeryOut

The Voice

Executive Member
Mourinho and Allegri heavily linked with the Arsenal job (even though it isn't even vacant - yet).

People going nuts already because Jose was in an executive box to watch the Europa League match last Thursday. Turns out it's because we were playing his hometown club, so probably nothing in it.

rayven_king

Expert Member
Mourinho and Allegri heavily linked with the Arsenal job (even though it isn't even vacant - yet).

People going nuts already because Jose was in an executive box to watch the Europa League match last Thursday. Turns out it's because we were playing his hometown club, so probably nothing in it.
I saw that and its too soon for this muppetry for all we know allegri might be looking at the manU post

Kakarot

I don't think that Josh and co will have the mental fortitude to pull the trigger right now ... if we lose to both wolves and Leicester then Emery's internship is probably over.

Hamish McPanji

Honorary Master
Jose likes older players, long term he'll damage the club. Personally I'd like to get Pochettino
He's having a rough patch. More likely to go to United than anywhere else. And I'm sure direct cross London manager transfers are illegal

Polymathic

Honorary Master
He's having a rough patch. More likely to go to United than anywhere else. And I'm sure direct cross London manager transfers are illegal
I've been following the United Fan Channels ever since their loss to Newcastle, I don't think any big name managers will want to work for the current United Board.

Hamish McPanji

Honorary Master
I've been following the United Fan Channels ever since their loss to Newcastle, I don't think any big name managers will want to work for the current United Board.
It's still Manchester United. Most prestigious job in the PL by far.

fishfly

Honorary Master
It's still Manchester United. Most prestigious job in the PL by far.
Prestige or not if you have nobs running the club no manager would want to work there... look at Chelsea - all the top coaches went there, won a title of some sorts then get sacked... no one really wants to work there anymore so they got Lampard in who's primary focus is on youth, given United, Arsenal and Totteham playing youth or (Tottenham's case no one at all)

Right now United is stuffed with Ed Woodnob running the show, classic example you give JM his dream job 2 year into contract you throw him another lucrative contract only to half back him in the transfer market and block the people he wants to get rid off... ultimately lead to his fall out