Arsenal FC Supporters Thread - 2020/21 Season

Hephaestus

Forging
Star duo Alexis Sanchez and Mesut Ozil are not likely to feature against the Foxes due to a lack of fitness, while manager Wenger has to contend with several other absentees.

Sanchez has already been ruled out of Arsenal’s opening fixture with an abdominal strain, while Ozil is lacking match fitness and could miss out.

Aaron Ramsey, Francis Coquelin and Per Mertesacker are all doubtful, with the club captain needing stitches after a clash with Gary Cahill in the Community Shield last weekend, while Laurent Koscielny and Shkodran Mustafi are also struggling for fitness.

With such a depleted squad, it will be interesting to see who Wenger trusts to perform in the first match of the Premier League season.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...m-news-Leicester-Sanchez-Ozil-sportagalleries

fishfly

Honorary Master
Star duo Alexis Sanchez and Mesut Ozil are not likely to feature against the Foxes due to a lack of fitness, while manager Wenger has to contend with several other absentees.

Sanchez has already been ruled out of Arsenal’s opening fixture with an abdominal strain, while Ozil is lacking match fitness and could miss out.

Aaron Ramsey, Francis Coquelin and Per Mertesacker are all doubtful, with the club captain needing stitches after a clash with Gary Cahill in the Community Shield last weekend, while Laurent Koscielny and Shkodran Mustafi are also struggling for fitness.

With such a depleted squad, it will be interesting to see who Wenger trusts to perform in the first match of the Premier League season.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...m-news-Leicester-Sanchez-Ozil-sportagalleries
Erm didn't Oezil just say his fit?

http://kwese.espn.com/football/arse...himself-fit-ahead-of-opener-against-leicester

RexxGrim

Executive Member
Then I would need to take out Stones and get a 5.0 defender - any suggestions for a good 5.0 def?
I'm terrible at this game btw, so taking advice from from me comes with a massive disclaimer. :D

Defensively you should always only have max 1 defender from a team. ( I read this somewhere ). Something like spreading your risk.

I would go for fullbacks/wingsback as they have a better chance of scoring/assists. Then look at teams with solid defensive records. Points for clean sheets.

I'm going to get in trouble for saying this in this thread, but Spurs was pretty decent defensively last season. (15 clean sheets). :p:D

The guy they got to replace Walker is injured iirc. So whomever slots in at fullback for him is going to be pretty a pretty cheap unknown. They play Newcastle away, so there might be some easy points for a win and clean sheet.

dbecks

Executive Member
I'm terrible at this game btw, so taking advice from from me comes with a massive disclaimer. :D

Defensively you should always only have max 1 defender from a team. ( I read this somewhere ). Something like spreading your risk.

I would go for fullbacks/wingsback as they have a better chance of scoring/assists. Then look at teams with solid defensive records. Points for clean sheets.

I'm going to get in trouble for saying this in this thread, but Spurs was pretty decent defensively last season. (15 clean sheets). :p:D

The guy they got to replace Walker is injured iirc. So whomever slots in at fullback for him is going to be pretty a pretty cheap unknown. They play Newcastle away, so there might be some easy points for a win and clean sheet.
Thats some good advice. I have been reading alot as well and I'm just as bad, dont worry

After game week, I go check my team and everyone is getting in the 100's and I'm sitting with 20 *****CK!

Hence I havent played for a while and things have changed abit, so going to try and do this properly

The Voice

Executive Member
I play with a 3-4-3, too. Backs are all wingbacks (higher chance of assists/goals), mids are all AM or wingers (same reason) and 3 strikers, well, you get the picture.

Avoid CB and DM - don't score enough unless they keep clean sheets and DM's tend to pick up a lot of cards.

poffle

Executive Member
LOL that is such typical arsenal.

Have a squad of 33 players but struggle to field 11 due to fitness/injury. SIGH

RexxGrim

Executive Member
Ok so will Kolasinac play today?
You know what, best to leave all Arsenal players out of your team. :p:D

I think he should, unless there is something I'm not aware of.

Defense will probably be Mustafi/Holding/Nacho with Bellerin and Kolasinac as the wingbacks. My guess. Maybe Per in for Mustafi.