Article Mistake corrections

Anakha56

Cross-posting from here: https://mybroadband.co.za/forum/threads/mybroadband-and-embedded-pdfs.1096912/

"
Hello All,

So I have no idea where to post this, cant seem to find the location for "Problems with our site" or a contact email that covers this query.

Using the latest Vivaldi browser, reproduced on Edge and Firefox, if I go to say this article: https://mybroadband.co.za/news/inte...r-south-africas-internet-censorship-bill.html the browser tries to open the embedded PDF into the main browser window. It does this with BusinessTech as well. The Vivaldi guys have tracked it down to the following setting:

"We could reproduce this issue when in "settings > Plugins > enable internal pdf viewer" is turned off. However this same issue with same setting disabled also happens on Firefox and Edge. You might want to contact the website support so they can look into it as well."

So mybb @rpm can we look at getting this fixed? "

MsParanoid

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist

Third paragraph above Verdict

"MyBroadband tested this feature, and it worked like a charm. The email is sent to the person with a unique link which allows the article to be viewed with a subscription."

Should be without.
Thanks, this has been fixed.

j4ck455

Executive Member
Yes, I am fully aware of that **** change in policy, however see below:
We have indeed started to post only certain articles in the forum, instead of all articles. We received complaints that general news discussions already exist for most of our general news articles, which removes the need to post them in the forum.

We therefore post only our tech news articles in the forum, and they will all have “Share your thoughts” forum links at the bottom.
The news article I linked to is 100% tech, also I'm not going to create a thread when there should have been a thread to start with.

MsParanoid

Third paragraph under heading Disputing Gordhan:

"In his June 8 deposition to the grievance inquiry, Maleka said the he was interviewed..."

I guess it should've been that but you don't need it. "Maleka said he was interviewed..." reads perfectly without it.

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist

Third paragraph under heading Disputing Gordhan:

"In his June 8 deposition to the grievance inquiry, Maleka said the he was interviewed..."

I guess it should've been that but you don't need it. "Maleka said he was interviewed..." reads perfectly without it.
Thank you and well-spotted - we've fixed this error.

chickenbeef

Executive Member

"He announced that the country will move to COVID-19 alert level 2 on Monday 16 August, which will see the relaxation of many COVID-19 lockdown rules. "

16th is on Sunday

Jan

Who's the Boss?
Staff member
I think that's right.

Currently the default restrictions on direct marketing is that they have to give you the option to opt out. Under POPIA from next year they will have to ask you to opt in.