As Showmax reviews all content for racial insensitivity many Leon Schuster flicks get removed

access

Honorary Master
Does this count as blackface ?

View attachment 863153

or this?

access

Honorary Master
I wish they would tear into the Music Industry all those Rapper songs with the word Nigga etc,

indeed, the entire culture that promotes "thug life", mah money, mah guns, mah niggaz, mah hoes. usually in that order as well :ROFL:

and they wonder why there is a violence and crime problem among the black society, they idolise the kak

zeb

Expert Member
^^ Exactly
128d23d0eff09a8266e12b074215c6c6.jpg

ForceFate

Honorary Master
indeed, the entire culture that promotes "thug life", mah money, mah guns, mah niggaz, mah hoes. usually in that order as well :ROFL:

and they wonder why there is a violence and crime problem among the black society, they idolise the kak
Dude, if you weren't aware, love for rap/hip hop music is shared across the world, not just by black people but by people from different cultures and ethnicities, etc.

John Tempus

Executive Member
The sad part here is that Leon Schuster was the first director who made movie stars of Black South Africans in his films.

These same actors got international recognition because Schuster gave them a chance to actually have majority and in some parts leading roles in his comedies and apparently all of that is being dismissed cause of one blanket criteria of "RACIST".

John Tempus

Executive Member
Dude, if you weren't aware, love for rap/hip hop music is shared across the world, not just by black people but by people from different cultures and ethnicities, etc.

Show me rap lovers who isn't all about THUG LIFE RULEZ.

I think you get things a bit mixed up here. RNB is more sophisticated and covering greater spectrum of different personalities but RAP have always been an aggressive kill or deal or steal or fck style of music.

thestaggy

Honorary Master
I wish they would tear into the Music Industry all those Rapper songs with the word Nigga etc,

Won't happen. They (Americans) actually make a clear distinction between 'nigga' and '******'. The latter with the ''hard'' 'r' is a racial slur. Nigga is frequently viewed as a positive term, even a term of solidarity and has been likened to calling someone your bro. A white person still cannot say either, but one is okay and the other isn't.

abzob

Honorary Master

I think you get things a bit mixed up here. RNB is more sophisticated and covering greater spectrum of different personalities but RAP have always been an aggressive kill or deal or steal or fck style of music.

That’s called “gangster rap”. A subset of rap. Keyword being “gangster”.

“Gangsta rap or gangster rap is a style of hip hop music whose themes and lyrics primarily deal with the gangster lifestyle.”

You need to stop listening to gangster rap.

It’s like saying all rock music is about horror and goth when you’re just listening to Death Rock.

John Tempus

Executive Member
That’s called “gangster rap”. A subset of rap. Keyword being “gangster”.

“Gangsta rap or gangster rap is a style of hip hop music whose themes and lyrics primarily deal with the gangster lifestyle.”

You need to stop listening to gangster rap.

Its the most common and the most influential rap going around these days.

Every new artist making it big on the Rap charts is singing about some gun or drug or ho these days.

RaptorSA

Expert Member
Feels kind of stupid saying this, but some or other form of dumb "race war" is coming.
I know you can feel it too.

What's happening in the world today just isn't sustainable and goes against human nature, just like communism in practice does. Feels surreal to be living in this time, 12 year old me in the early 90's would have never believed the state we're in now. Even all the black people against this ban won't be heard, let that sink in.

Seems there's a desperate need for a good, deep cleaning of some forms of ideological reasoning that stands in the way of everyone who just wants to get on with it and see us all happy, flourishing and enjoying the spoils of modern progress without own-goaling ourselves.

This kind of horsesh*t started out as mildly quirky and entertaining from a distance, but now, everywhere people starting to tell me what to think, feel and what I can see?
It's really starting to piss me off.

Goes without saying, but dear Showmax, you can go and get utterly f**ed. I kept the app on all my Android TV devices in case there's something interesting so I can sign up again. 'Aint happening now.

Last edited:

John Tempus

Executive Member
Feels kind of stupid saying this, but some or other form of dumb "race war" is coming.
I know you can feel it too.

What's happening in the world today just isn't sustainable and goes against human nature, just like communism in practice does. Feels surreal to be living in this time, 12 year old me in the early 90's would have never believed the state we're in now. Even all the black people against this ban won't be heard, let that sink in.

Seems there's a desperate need for a good, deep cleaning of some forms of ideological reasoning that stands in the way of everyone who just wants to get on with it and see us all happy, flourishing and enjoying the spoils of modern progress without own-goaling ourselves.

This kind of horsesh*t started out as mildly quirky and entertaining from a distance, but now, everywhere people starting to tell me what to think, feel and what I can see?
It's really starting to piss me off.

Goes without saying, but dear Showmax, you can go and get utterly f**ed. I kept the app on all my Android TV devices in case there's something interesting so I can sign up again. 'Aint happening now.

I find these times really frustrating but also an easy way to clean out poisonous people from my life.

Just write off every single dingleberry who wants you to think in the virtue signal crusader way and then things get easier in these dark times.

ForceFate

Honorary Master

/raised hand.

I listen to music purely for what it is, from Rammstein, Makhendlas to any interpretation of "Ode de Joy" to Busta Rhymes to... In other words, most genres. It's like movies. Watching Ocean's x isn't going to turn one into a heist kingpin and make one aspire to be one.

BackStabbath

No please dont ban Leon Schoester he is one of the biggest stars here in the town. He ranks among the greats like Stevenie Seagalls, Bill Cosbies, our very own Sanzhar Bigovv and disaster movie great Donalding Trump.

JustAsk

Expert Member
Its the most common and the most influential rap going around these days.

Every new artist making it big on the Rap charts is singing about some gun or drug or ho these days.
Issit. Tell me then, what gang,gun or drug does this fool rap about?

JustAsk

Expert Member
Personally don't think Leon is racist, even though 70% of all pranks he stole from Just For Laughs

Last edited: