• You are not registered on MyBroadband, which means you miss out on great benefits. To join our community is very easy, and completely free. Register now.
  • New Two-Day Giveaway - Enter Here

Ashwin Willemse meltdown on Supersport

Temujin

Expert Member
For him to bring the case, he needs to present his case. You can't just go there and say someone is racist. They actually listen to what happened.

For you to be racist there need to be no action. For you to be taken to the EC for being racist there is going to have to be.

Like how people are a paedophiles for being attracted to children. But if they don't do anything to them, they have done nothing wrong - the world probably wouldn't even know they are. They can't be charged for it. Like you and I won't be to label Mr X.
Jees, I feel like I'm repeating myself here. He presents his 'My feels hurt, he is racist', with 0 evidence needed other than 'I feels it', and yes, that is all is needed for 'discrimination' case at EC. In EC, his version is accepted as truth until proven otherwise, you have to prove your innocence... you are guilty until proven innocent. The burden of proof lies on you. Which part aren't you following?

Like ashwin here... with 0 evidence of any racism, and even a report saying no evidence of racism, the ec holds his version as fact. He is the poor victim. He doesn't need to prove any racism, his 'feels' are enough *sob*. SS, n&n now need to prove there is no racism. Thats how the ec works. In 'normal' court, it would be up to ashwin to provide evidence of his claims of racism, and with a report already saying there is none, and no evidence coming to light, he will have a tough time trying to prove his 'feels'. As such, he's going ec where his version is taken as fact until proven wrong.

phoneJunky

Executive Member
Jees, I feel like I'm repeating myself here. He presents his 'My feels hurt, he is racist', with 0 evidence needed other than 'I feels it', and yes, that is all is needed for 'discrimination' case at EC. In EC, his version is accepted as truth until proven otherwise, you have to prove your innocence... you are guilty until proven innocent. The burden of proof lies on you. Which part aren't you following?

Like ashwin here... with 0 evidence of any racism, and even a report saying no evidence of racism, the ec holds his version as fact. He is the poor victim. He doesn't need to prove any racism, his 'feels' are enough *sob*. SS, n&n now need to prove there is no racism. Thats how the ec works. In 'normal' court, it would be up to ashwin to provide evidence of his claims of racism, and with a report already saying there is none, and no evidence coming to light, he will have a tough time trying to prove his 'feels'. As such, he's going ec where his version is taken as fact until proven wrong.
And I am saying he can go, but when he presents it it won't go to the magistrate, it will be thrown out before then. Even if they ask me for my side, I can just use his version of the events to show that I have not done anything prohibited. It is not a case of my feels hurt, he is racist. They listen and decide if the presented version can be taken up.

With Ashwin here, there isn't nothing here. There was an active effort to put him on the spot on live tv. Maybe it is because Ashwin didn't do his job and they felt to play a trick on him, which is already a bad move because those things need to be sorted out through SS channels, which is going to be the hardest thing to explain in the EC because this was definitely not protocol.

Sneeky

Honorary Master

Erm, did he not say he has ditched the EC and will support the HRC process now, or did I miss something.

Former Springbok wing Ashwin Willemse has decided not to pursue an Equality Court case against SuperSport.

I'll air my 'legitimate pain' at Human Rights Commission
https://www.timeslive.co.za/news/so...n-at-human-rights-commission-ashwin-willemse/

Cr419

Executive Member
Should explain.

I have a manager at work who code reviews. Yes, he is little tactless sometimes, but so be it. He calls a spade a spade. If you write **** code he will say so.

3 black devs called him racist because he calls them on their code. He does the same to the white guys. He is a pita with this, but it is his job.

Ps. He is not racist. He is just a normal dude... calling people on bad code.

I can see AW playing the race card even more if something is said he doesn't like...
And any decent manager looking at a case like that will see it for what it is, incompetent morons unable to do their jobs looking for excuses. What does that have to do with baiting someone into saying something racist or not, the post you were replying to?

TelkomUseless

Executive Member
And any decent manager looking at a case like that will see it for what it is, incompetent morons unable to do their jobs looking for excuses. What does that have to do with baiting someone into saying something racist or not, the post you were replying to?
I'm saying the same thing. He can communicate with N&N. Someone says "don't talk to me". And then AW says "see.. N/N as is racist because they don't want to talk to him. Work environment is bad..yada yada". Yes.. it's not racist.. but being white in SA, you say something and the other person doesn't like... (hence my example)... you as white dude is in ****.

And you mention the decent manager example? You know how much flack he got because of the racist allegations ? HE had to jump thru hoops , take a lot of ****, meetings etc. The devs ? Nothing... they just had to throw that "racist" word.

Yes.. that is how some companies work unluckily. And I can see SS bending toward throwing N&N under the bus, because the minister / ANC government already threw comments into the mix.SS will bend backwards for the government ...

Ps. I'm not saying its going to happen. I would just be very careful interacting with him if I was N&N..

Last edited:
And I am saying he can go, but when he presents it it won't go to the magistrate, it will be thrown out before then. Even if they ask me for my side, I can just use his version of the events to show that I have not done anything prohibited. It is not a case of my feels hurt, he is racist. They listen and decide if the presented version can be taken up.

With Ashwin here, there isn't nothing here. There was an active effort to put him on the spot on live tv. Maybe it is because Ashwin didn't do his job and they felt to play a trick on him, which is already a bad move because those things need to be sorted out through SS channels, which is going to be the hardest thing to explain in the EC because this was definitely not protocol.
You are just making up facts now.

Par for the course.

phoneJunky

Executive Member
You are just making up facts now.

Par for the course.
I wasn't following this the whole time, so I could be wrong. But he did ask to the director to give Ashwin the first spot, without letting Ashwin know. If that is not putting him on the spot, then I don't know. Mallet for all purposes might have thought he did a nice thing for Ashwin, Ashwin didn't think so however. My opinion is that Ashwin was probably oversensitive and is feeling stupid now - I don't think he would have won in the EC, and I don't think he will win in the HRC either - unless there is something else.

RazedInBlack

RazedInBlack
Ye I've been reading some comments and snippets of news here and there, watched a clip of the incident. Now I'm no sports fan and I don't keep up to date on sports issues but as a coloured person myself, jeez! This dude is way too over-sensitive!

ArtyLoop

Expert Member
Ye I've been reading some comments and snippets of news here and there, watched a clip of the incident. Now I'm no sports fan and I don't keep up to date on sports issues but as a coloured person myself, jeez! This dude is way too over-sensitive!
He was likely gatvol of working for SS and saw a gap to play his race card to get out of the situation and earn himself some kind of payout. That's how I see it. Already he was proven to have jack shyte knowledge of the game, so he felt more and more uncomfortable with the situation. Its actually not about race at all, its all about a chancer who came up with an exit strategy, except he wasn't very bright in his execution as the stink he raised will likely follow him for a long time, like that fart dropped in the mall aisle.

Furthermore, I love coloured people for their culture, and also for them not being special snowflakes. Their way of saying things and calling spades, spades always endeared me to them