Ask Justin Drennan anything about eCommerce and Tech Investments

castelyn

How will you be using AI to improve the customer experience in your business?

Rustie

Hi Justin

A big differentiator in the e-commerce market for me and my immediate circle of family and friends, amongst various variables, is delivery timelines.
For the most part locally warehoused stock generically speaking do not suffer from delivery delays, provided the item is locally stocked.

However, one can often find the same (or similar) item on the various China e-commerce sites like Wish, Banggood, Alibaba, Joybuy etc at a greatly reduced price (because shipping and onseller markup is not factored in at that point).

The biggest hurdle when buying from these stores is delivery times.
The only way to reliably breach this delivery bottleneck is to stock those items locally, right?
Do you see another potential business opportunity begging in that delivery bottleneck for parcelninja by way of some partnership with online China "malls"?

(Is wantitall already attempting to breach that delivery bottleneck? - I see others have already asked about the big pricing disparity on certain items)

Last edited:

King Size

Hi Justin

What is the future of DSTV and will Netflix and Amazon Prime make it a Kodak moment?

Regards

snoozee

Hi Justin
Customer and Product profitability analysis/pricing models are obviously key for e-commerce sites (as they are for any other retailer). What sort of emphasis do you place on this, and is there any particular software that you use for this particular purpose?

FlexSA

Seeing as you are so active, involved and you have such a big influence on the local eCommerce marker, what are your thoughts on Cryptos? And do you think they have their place to actually be used in the local eCommerce market to purchase goods?

Yorgii

Hello Justin. There are so many e-commerce service providers offering their unique service. What are the most important factors to consider and pitfalls to avoid when starting an online e-commerce business.

SlimmJimm

Which companies are the most efficient for a new business to create a website and android/IOS app that link together?

TheJman

Expert Member
What your views on whether the likes of Amazon will ever fully enter SA?

ZA_Chamber

I'd like to know how the significant price premium when buying through Wantitall (who in turn source through Amazon) is justified, when it's possible to bring most things into RSA from Amazon (.com/.co.uk) and also include taxes and import duties? It costs up to twice (sometimes a bit more) to purchase through Wantitall.
What makes it worthwhile using you guys?

petsaboutus

Hi Justin, much appreciated for your time, also my first post here..

I have created a new social & ecommerce web platform start-up. (www.petsaboutus.com), to further proceed I'm planning to launch a start-up campaign on INDIGO to cover advertising and hosting costs and also to further expose this platform to the public. My question hence is: Is there any similar functionality in South Africa or any alternative recommendations?

Dandashop

When starting an online venture in SA these days, what would be the number one method/strategy to use to get your name out there? It seems we are swimming in a sea of online shops and it's very hard to stand out.

mjizocele

Hi Justin,

I am currently running an online shop ( [url]www.unityonlinestore.co.za [/URL]) that I have developed from scratch without any use of CMS, since i am a seasoned software developer and an entrepreneur selling crafts. In this regard developing the shop wasn't blood sweat and tears for me, it was more of a nice challenge that i wanted to give myself. the idea behind the shop has had people talking and I am now struggling with just one thing for me to be ready to move on, which is pricing/charging distributors.

My question is how do you pick a model to charge people? do you think of the long term goal and charge little? or do you take advantage of the exclusiveness of the content you are providing on your shop and charge more? do you put the costs on the distributor? or do you put the cost on the person buying? which model works best and why? because my current plan is not to stock any goods, but just to be the middle man between the buyer and the distributor.

Last edited:

H_Justini

I have a new tech idea for the Taxi industry and this is one of the most unprogressive industries in our country. Is this an industry you would recommend anyone to attempt to transform and progress?

budders

Good day Justin.

Please correlate between the rate of Technology change and its impact on our markets and new oppurtunities arising from this change, good or bad ??

kevinsnov

Hi do you think that there will be more mergers, similar to the spree and superbalist merge, in store for ecommerce companies?

Kgomotso Dibetso

I have a question for Justin, I know Parcel Ninja does shipping fulfillment for US - S. Africa, but what I want to know is why is Parcel Ninja not do dropshipping from the China market?

Many ecommerce business in South Africa would like to ship products from China for obvious reasons and with platforms like Alibaba & Aliexpress it has made it easy for business owners to meet with suppliers but the problem with South Africa is that the shipping time is way too long for someone whose dropshipping. So is there a way Parcel Ninja can ship from China within reasonable time and cost?

Ianf1

Expert Member
Justin do you think personalizing stuff will be a growing market eg names on gym clothes.
Is price the main driver in growing market share or quality?

CartoonFan

What does the affiliate marketing environment look like in South Africa? Do you think the South African ecommerce market could grow faster if more retailers used affiliate marketing programs?