Ask Justin Drennan anything about eCommerce and Tech Investments

CuzziGa

Do you think BitCoin & all the other various crypto currencies will lose their appeal now that SARS have begun taxing them?

vcadmin

What are the fundamentals to take into consideration before developing an online platform?

wizardofid

Executive Member
What’s something your brain tries to make you do and you have to will yourself not to do it?

wizardofid

Executive Member
If you were given a one-minute ad slot during a rugby world cup final that you couldn’t sell, what would you fill it with?

wizardofid

Executive Member
If you were given 10 million rand to open a small museum, what kind of museum would you create?

bruinou

Would you ever consider partnering with Amazon to give African consumers access to their products at a much lower shipping cost?

Mobus

Disruptive tech businesses carry high risks. Even if you manage to propel the business forward, you may still face tough competition, legal challenges and/or just be too far ahead of your time (thinking of the likes of kalahari.net, uber, bitcoin etc).

Parcelninja is offering a disruptive solution to other distruptors, mitigating their risks and enabling their growth.

In your experience, how do you mitigate the risks of disruptive business or gauge if it's worth the investment (time / money)?

Mobus

Related to my previous question, both Wantitall and Parcelninja addresses a strong local/SA problem.

Can you comment on the process of identifying a need, developing the tech solution and building a successful business from it?

Riaanwen

According to an earlier article I read; More than half of South Africans now own a smartphone; How does one attract the other half to smartphones or the internet in order to utilize eCommerce?

Maximar

Although massive opportunities have arisen in ecommerce, your product tends to dissapear amongst millions of competitors. There is no SEO (overtraded) for this. The catch 22 is that you must sell (or pay in dollars) to move up the ladder. My wife closed bher ETSY shop because the costs were more than the income. Is there another way.

mamongato

Do you believe in idead these days that when people built apps they call them "Uber of" this and that?

wizardofid

Executive Member
If you could have any company CEO locked in a room to torment for a day, who would it be and how would you torment them ?

Haggle

Do you think the pressure on online stores to provide on-demand and same-day deliveries will increase or will the high costs of providing this level of service always make this a niche market in South Africa ?

Red Barron

Hi Justin

When getting into e-commerce with a new idea, how would you go about defining your route to market?

Bryce Brisley

Good Day Mr. Drennan.

Do you think that in South Africa it is feasible to invest in my own "custom tech products" eCommerce platform?
If so, which shipping method would you advise a small startup such as myself?
(I ask as this is something that I am currently persuing)