Ask Raru founder Neil Smith anything about eCommerce

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeAzlan

With so many eCommerce stores offering the same products at different prices, how do you remain competitive? What is your unique value proposition that makes customers ultimately pick you over competitiors?

Winkley

How much do Government regulations(Import tax, etc.) impede on growing your business?

SuperChad

Can you give me an insight into some marketing strategies Raru/Takealot use? Online marketing etc..

Mthiboz Onlife

Only a few percentage of south africans are exposed to online shopping. What are you doing to convince people, especially people in the rural areas?

vyang

Other than price, what other facets in e-commerce (in the South African context) is very competitive at the moment?

SuperChad

When you started setting up your business plan. What were the most important sections in your business plan with regards to eCommerce to convince investors to fund your startup?

Andrew5000

What will your business look like in 10 years time? I.e. What is your 10-year strategy?

Andrew5000

If you had to consider sponsoring a rugby team, would it be the sub-standardly pedestrian Stormers or the gloriously mighty Lions? :crylaugh:

stephan123789

What is your opinion on mobile ecommerce apps? Takealot is pushing their mobile app with mobile specific deals. Apps like mr delivery and uber eats are getting more and more popular. Do you think that mobile apps would form a big part of, specific ecommerce sites, in South Africa's near future? Would we still have a ecommerce websites or only mobile apps in the future?

CS1977

Hi Neil

What are your biggest problems with regards to logistics and product releases? We see other retailers messing up launch day deliveries however I've seen very very few of these occurances with raru, is this due to a dedicated flow for these products or just that your volumes my be less than others?

RogerW

With global Crypto currency markets really coming into the forefront, What are your thoughts on using crypto as a means of exchange within the eCommerce space and by extension, what are the biggest obstacles in adopting crypto payments.

Ho3n3r

Honorary Master
What is your opinion on inflated "list price" numbers on various online merchants (no names, but you can make your own deductions regarding the who), and why do you think people have less of an issue with it than they should have? Do you think e-commerce companies don't realise that people see through this, making them appear unethical? And if they do realise it, do you believe that they have evidence that supports that they get away with it more often than not, justifying the practice?

Corelli

Expert Member
Havent seen you and Wayne for ages

Havent seen you and wayne for ages. Do you still stay in Goodwood?

I still have the speakers you sold me.

And I miss seeing you guys around.

Fox1

Executive Member
Would you ever consider opening a brick and mortar shop for a spin-off business like dealing with cellphones or gaming consoles and gear only?

GeorgVis

Although I'm subscribed to the Raru newsletter, I often miss out on your good specials. A mobile app makes it much easier to check specials on online shops. Are you planning on releasing an app for Raru?

gelid

What precautions do you take for black Friday and Cyber Monday?

Status
Not open for further replies.