Aspen in talks to make its own brand of J&J Covid-19 vaccine

Jan

Who's the Boss?
Staff member
Talks to make South Africa's own brand of Covid-19 vaccine

Aspen Pharmacare Holdings Ltd. is in talks with Johnson & Johnson about a license that would mean Africa’s biggest drugmaker could make its own-branded Covid-19 vaccine.

The discussions are underway as the African Union and European Union look to bolster the supply of coronavirus doses to the continent, and could extend an existing agreement for Aspen to package and fill vials of the U.S. company’s vaccine at a plant in South Africa.

Gordon_R

Honorary Master
Interesting, but it takes years to set up a production line for pharmaceuticals (not the current bottling plant).

• Sad
Reactions: "D"

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
Aspen is a good company, I made lekker bux from them with Shares when I started playing with that stuff 10 years ago :thumbsup: Cashed in around 2017 I think

markings

Expert Member
"the African Union saying they are tired of being at the back end of the queue"
Are they saying it is not a free market where one orders, pays for the goods and gets them?
Hasn't it been clear for a very long time that the cost of vaccinating the population is insignificant when compared to the cost of lockdowns and other restrictive measures? Lack of funds is no excuse in any way whatsoever, one gets it, full stop.
Or are they implying that the manufacturers has a list of priorities which is continually reshuffled based on race and where in the world one lives?