asus ati radeon 9200se/td

skuzzy

Expert Member
does anyone here have an asus ati radeon 9200se graphics card?
I am wondering because i want to get a new graphics card and i dont want to get a bad one.

[:D]tHaNkX[:D]

No pixels were harmed in the making of this post............. :)

TheVoice

A mate has a 9200SE 128MB - it's not TOO bad. Depends what you expect from it though. It's probably one of the worst "new" video cards hence the price, but if you're doing any serious gaming you're definitely going to want something a lot better. I for one, wouldn't be satisifed with it, it just has no power.

dorris

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">It's probably one of the worst "new" video cards hence the price<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
how can you call a radeon 9200 new??
the price is because its an old card, I've had my trusty radeon 9200 since march 2003, back then, it was the best value for money, KICKED THE SOCKS OFF ANY OF THE equivalent GEFORCE's at the time.
In regards to its capability, I'm very happy with my radeon 9200 VIVO 128MB card, but then again, I'm not a very serious gamer, It was more than powerful to run any of last years games I tried, but it struggled with this generation of games ( I tried FarCry, and it suffered, DOOM 3 will also probably be too intensive) seeing as they're setting the standards, If you want performance, spend the cASH

TheVoice

True, but other than something like the X300SE (PCI-e), there's no other card in its price range that's been released since.

Also remember the SE is a crippled version - the standard 9200 and the 9200Pro would be better, though that's really not saying much. The lowest I'd go for gaming is a 9600Pro these days, it's still pretty capable - I'm running one and it's decent. Would prefer a 9800Pro though...

skuzzy

Expert Member
I have looked on the web and most people say the the se stands for sh*t eddition.

so i am getting a chaintech mx5200 128mb.

MuCh BeTtEr

No pixels were harmed in the making of this post............. :)

DarkSkies

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by mini itch</i>
<br />I have looked on the web and most people say the the se stands for sh*t eddition.

so i am getting a chaintech mx5200 128mb.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

ATI Budget Cards = SE editions
nVidia Buget Cards = MX editions

So you went from one piece of sh*t to another piece of sh*t. LMAO