Asus DSL-N66U / DSL-AC68U 3G/LTE Failover Functionality

Absmilliard

Hi,

I am looking at upgrading my modem/router so that I can add automatic 3G/LTE failover. I am a supporter of Asus modems as they are the most reliable I have ever had. Has anyone here setup either of the above modem/routers with a 3G/LTE automatic failover and has it worked reliably? Do you know if they work with a Huawei E3276 dongle?

Thanks.

Last edited:
I know this is an old post, however, did you ever manage to setup a 3g dongle to the asus dsl-n66u and if so can you please share how to do this.

Needless to say i have an Asus Dsl-n66u and have been using it for normal dsl usage. A few days ago the dsl cable got stolen so i would like to connect a 3g dongle as a failover. Your advise would be appreciated

I know this is an old post, however, did you ever manage to setup a 3g dongle to the asus dsl-n66u and if so can you please share how to do this.

Needless to say i have an Asus Dsl-n66u and have been using it for normal dsl usage. A few days ago the dsl cable got stolen so i would like to connect a 3g dongle as a failover. Your advise would be appreciated
Update to latest firmware. Plug in 3g,set up in the WAN/Dual Wan settings

Tried that and it didnt work hence i posted fir assistance

Well,since you asked how to,that's how to
Done it at least 6 times this week at client sites,and 1 at my house after getting a new dongle

You said nothing about you having done it and having a problem. Rather give router logs and screencaps of the configs and ask for help then

Well,since you asked how to,that's how to
Done it at least 6 times this week at client sites,and 1 at my house after getting a new dongle

You said nothing about you having done it and having a problem. Rather give router logs and screencaps of the configs and ask for help then
Thanks will do...

I know on the router it had an option to select connection type automatically. Perhaps have the modem connected and redo your internet settings?

My 3g modem requires settings . I'm using a black mifi Vodacom 4g modem. Any assistance in helping me input the right settings. Where do I get these?

Back