Asus z97 and NVME

CamiKaze

Honorary Master
I am trying to install a new 970 evo plus on my Asus Maximus Impact VII but the bios and windows does not detect the drive at all.
There are many threads on the net and there isn't a solid solution out there.

I tried it with the latest bios, and even installed a beta earlier today. and still nothing.
Bios is set to EUFI, i played around with CSM as well, and still nothing.

Has anyone been through this process on a z97?

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Dont see nvme support in spec list, think it only does older m2 drives. Nvme will fit as it uses the same connector.

ponder

Honorary Master
Dont see nvme support in spec list, think it only does older m2 drives. Nvme will fit as it uses the same connector.

PCI Express gen 3.0 : *1
1 x M.2 Socket 3 on mPCIe Combo IV expansion card(s), black, *4, with M Key, type 2242/2260/2280/22110 storage devices support (Support PCIE SSD only)
Support M.2 Type 2242/2260/2280/22110 SSD card (up to 110mm in length), support PCI express 3.0 x4 standard

CamiKaze

Honorary Master
Think I'm going to send this drive back rather and use the normal SATA drives

ponder

Honorary Master
Think I'm going to send this drive back rather and use the normal SATA drives

Based on a google search there seems to be a load of kak wrt this mb and nvme/pci compatibility.

If it's any consolation you won't notice a difference between sata & nvme for normal desktop/gaming use, at most 3sec difference loading apps/games.

CamiKaze

Honorary Master
Based on a google search there seems to be a load of kak wrt this mb and nvme/pci compatibility.

If it's any consolation you won't notice a difference between sata & nvme for normal desktop/gaming use, at most 3sec difference loading apps/games.
It was part of my phased upgrade to Zen 3.

CamiKaze

Honorary Master
Have you considered the hikivisio or adada ones? Damn fast and you could probably get twice the capacity for the same price.
I would like to believe that hikvision is good in one thing only, and that is CCTV. Haven't completed the speeds yet, but I have 2 Samsung 860 pro's here already.

ponder

Honorary Master
I would like to believe that hikvision is good in one thing only, and that is CCTV.

I doubt they make it, probably just slap their name on it but the performance is great, the warranty is 5yrs and the price is irresistible.