• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Big Two-Day Giveaway - Win an Amazon Kindle, a Mystery Gadget and Branded Gear. Enter Here.
  • Test your broadband speed and win prizes worth R5,000. Enter here.

At least 27 dead in Texas church shooting

rietrot

Executive Member
To be fair a lot of the research you find usually compares America to its peers so other first world countries.

But are we really saying doing nothing is better?
Yes doing nothing is better than not fixing the problem and only inconveniencing law abiding citizens.
And culturally American doesn't compare to 1st world countries. It is more "wild west". And unlike Australia they share a border with the 3rd world.

So you are saying that evidence contrary to the research makes it invalid or non-important because of economical status? I thought the argument was about gun, having access to them, the amount of guns and the issuing of licenses for these guns :eek:
No that's not what I am saying I am saying the research you find I don't make the criteria for the research. What I do find is that people tend to lean more towards proving something false than positive when dealing with guns and gun control.

I guess its an attitude thing, but don't you think our gun control might be why we don't really have mass shootings? or is it more a culture thing.

Yes doing nothing is better than not fixing the problem and only inconveniencing law abiding citizens.
And culturally American doesn't compare to 1st world countries. It is more "wild west". And unlike Australia they share a border with the 3rd world.
I am not sure what you actually trying to say?

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
Comparisons like this are pointless with only one factor being highlighted, there are numerous factors that affect the differences.

History, population size, language differences, religious difference, cultural difference, ethnic division, racial division, social and economic division, and other qualities all play a part towards the homegeneity of a society.

The greater the homogeneity coupled with the least population and the less differences = least gun violence. i.e. Switzerland and Sweden

The US is the anomaly because historically it gained independence and was then settled and conquered by frequent use of firearms, has the highest population, and the largest divisions and differences.
I realise it's pointless expecting NarrowBandFtw to actually read, but if you look at the actual research they control for those variables. Also, France, Germany, Australia, New Zealand, the UK etc. have way less homogeneous societies yet also have among the lowest rates of gun violence.

:erm:

South Africa has some of the stringiest gun laws in the world. Yet, we are leading when it comes to murders and gun crimes per capita. Strange how cherry picking can accomplish your narrative aint it :D
Then why are you doing it?

In December 2012, a gunman walked into Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut, and killed 20 children, six adults, and himself. Since then, there have been at least 1,518 mass shootings, with at least 1,715 people killed and 6,089 wounded as of October 2017.
yeah all insane people...obviously not a gun problem