ATMs and cash here to stay in South Africa

Chuckmyster

Honorary Master
I never draw cash at an ATM
I use the cashback facility in Pick n Pay.
It's free
And no one is going to rob me at the till point as there is no one around me seeing me getting cash back, except the cashier.

Scooby_Doo

Executive Member
Government should provide some incentive to get people to move from cash to digital. Less cash means less tax evasion.

If you pay with card or mobile you get a 2% rebate on VAT. Companies who have 90% of their payments in digital form get a company tax rebate. Get creative...

eg2505

Honorary Master
and how are you supposed to take a debit card in a taxi?

anyway, SA is still firmly a cash destination, until the hyperinflation hits, and carrying around 10 million rand to buy a loaf of bread becomes impractical.
I mean wheelbarrows aren't that big anyway.

supersunbird

Honorary Master

anyway, SA is still firmly a cash destination, until the hyperinflation hits, and carrying around 10 million rand to buy a loaf of bread becomes impractical.
You tap his POS.

konfab

Honorary Master
Snapscan.
Zapper.

In Kenya they use M-Pesa

But comrade, we can solve that by printing a R10 million note. Your Western Imperialistic, racist notation of currency does not match the superior logic of the revolutionary thinkers.

beans100

Honorary Master
If there is no more cash, there is no more CIT to rob, no more people on the street to rob. So guess what the criminals will be doing, then. They won't be sitting around doing nothing.