Atomic Access Feedback

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
Now I've learned something.

4k doesn't mean much to me as my screens are 2560x1440 but good to know about the app.
On 4k you'll get better quality than 1080p either way as more information per frame, so worth doing even at 1080p if you have the extra storage/bandwidth/device supports it (think it was anything 6th gen intel and newer, unsure about AMD, should check considering I have a 3600).

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
Frogfoot is doubling line speeds from 1 April till the 30 June, Atomic has indicated that they'll allow you to use the full line speed.

wingnut771

Honorary Master
I'm getting 0Mbps?

Are you complaining about Atomic or FF messing up? You one of those in somerset west?
FF messing up, nothing aimed at atomic.

no, i'm on vuma trenched in dbn so i'm peachy, just see a lot of complaints on the various isp threads about slow speeds (packet loss) on ff, pe and pretoria for example. sadv and octotel not much better.

xrapidx

Honorary Master
Anyone having connection issues? My entire connection is down on Octotel.. all lights are green though

xrapidx

Honorary Master
Anyone know if this is just Atomic or if it's the entire Octotel network?

An ETA would have been great considering many people work from home now.
00a6b666f0235c6103f3eff799b8a2d1.jpg

newby_investor

Expert Member
Anyone know if this is just Atomic or if it's the entire Octotel network?

An ETA would have been great considering many people work from home now.
00a6b666f0235c6103f3eff799b8a2d1.jpg
Eish. So that's why my internet is down.

Was this in the Telegram group? Not being on any of these instant messenger platforms is starting to affect my receiving of support messages!

xrapidx

Honorary Master
Eish. So that's why my internet is down.

Was this in the Telegram group? Not being on any of these instant messenger platforms is starting to affect my receiving of support messages!
Seems back up - that was telegram. Details are a bit sparse though - I'd like to know where the issue lies, and an expected eta... with working from home, issues like this become expensive.

newby_investor

Expert Member
Seems back up - that was telegram. Details are a bit sparse though - I'd like to know where the issue lies, and an expected eta... with working from home, issues like this become expensive.
Yeah. Was just about to try and figure out some workaround with mobile data when the internet came back, thankfully.

I need to see about getting on that Telegram group. I just don't want to use my regular number, and I don't have an alternate one handy...

xrapidx

Honorary Master
Yeah. Was just about to try and figure out some workaround with mobile data when the internet came back, thankfully.

I need to see about getting on that Telegram group. I just don't want to use my regular number, and I don't have an alternate one handy...
You can hide your number once the account is created - if that's what you're worried about.

Atomic Access

Atomic Representative
Company Rep
We had a router hardware failure early in the morning (1 April 2021) that affected our Octotel customers. We had to visit the datacentre to resolve the problem, but we managed to get everyone back up before 8am. We are sorry about any downtime and will work tirelessly to ensure we make improvements so the same problem doesn't cause any issues in the future.