Attempted murder case opened after elderly woman wounded at Maphatsoe funeral

nightjar

Executive Member
  • ANC voters care about other ANC voters;
  • ANC members care about the female ANC voters;
  • ANC members care about the elderly ANC voters;
  • ANC members are able to control their urges to ensure the safety of other ANC funeralgoers;
  • ANC members are responsible gun owners;
  • ANC bigwigs encorage their members not to become savages;
  • ANC leaders are renowned for their moral virtue, like being law-abiding;
  • All rules in South Africa apply equally to all citizens;
  • No-one is above the law, even ANC criminals;
  • All criminbals face the same policing, prosecution, judgement, sentencing regardless whether ANC member or not;
  • All pigs are equal;
  • All ANC members, especially the bigknobs, are angels without fault;
  • The ANC values their elderly voters;
  • The ANC cares about the downtrodden;
  • The ANC cares about the sickly;
  • The ANC cares for the aged;
  • ANC voters are responsible people;
  • All laws are applicablke to ANC plus all normal poeple;
  • ANC cares very much about mentally disturbed people and their welfare;
Nah. All poeple attend ANC gatherings at their own risk. ANC voters are happy to sacrifice their lives for a traditional process, remember forefather are watching. ANC members/ voters / bigknobs do not give a fsck for anyone but themselves.
In essence, the culture that drove Dingaan to kill Shaka still overrides all else.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
And some on here will deny that the big man African culture is the defining culture.
Give me a name, I will harshly reprimand and rebuke anyone who dares to question your superior knowledge on African culture.

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
This idiotic shooting at funerals or anywhere else must stop.

There's video proof so SAPS get off your fat fvcking @sses and put the perps in jail for a myriad of charges which could include:- (and blacklist of owning a firearm for ever)
1) Firing a firearm in a built up area
2) Firing a firearm
3) Not handling a firearm in accordance with the law (concealed)
4) If not licensed or have competency - illegally handling of a firearm and the owner gets charged
5) All of the above applied to ammunition as well

This happened under the anc's big nob's noses while they were present at the funeral and nothing was done, said etc.

Just shows what trash we have ruining the clowntree

But as with Juliaaas nothing will probably happen as the cadres are above the law..............

Bonywasawarrioraway

Expert Member
SAPS are a joke I sear -Charge of attempted murder when it's clearly a long list of other charges but not attempted murder.

No wonder our success rate is pathetic and our so called judiciary is clogged up
If she died it would be murder, by dint of Dolus Eventualis (the type of intention in question) so yes, its is, according to my one year of criminal law, attempted murder.

Bonywasawarrioraway

Expert Member
In essence, the culture that drove Dingaan to kill Shaka still overrides all else.
And the culture that drove mpande to overthrow dingane. And the culture that caused cetshawo to usurp the crown from his father Mpande, kill his brother and one of his father's wives in his efforts to eliminate rivals to the crown.

In all honesty monarchs of many countries including specifically britain have done at least as much if not worse. but not since 1642. Edit : make that 1649 *hat tip to @nightjar *

In more recent news, two of the last four presidents of this country have been effectively overthrown. or is it underthrown /s (as in under a bus)

Last edited:

TheChamp

Honorary Master
You. Now rebuke yourself.
Oh dear! Maybe it was before I discovered how vast your knowledge was on African Culture, It took a lot of people, me included to realise we are in the presence of greatness, I do hang my head in shame.

nightjar

Executive Member
In all honesty monarchs of many countries including specifically britain have done at least as much if not worse. but not since 1642.
Not sure who you mean there.
Charles l lost his head on the block in 1649 and was the last monarch to be executed.
George lll lost his head mentally during his reign.
The really interesting bit is that more people were executed in the Tower of London in the 20th century than in the Tudor period.

Bonywasawarrioraway

Expert Member
Not sure who you mean there.
Charles l lost his head on the block in 1649 and was the last monarch to be executed.
George lll lost his head mentally during his reign.
The really interesting bit is that more people were executed in the Tower of London in the 20th century than in the Tudor period.
Am refering to charles 1. He lost his head in 1649 but the attempt to take it, aka the civil war, started in 1642. poor reading of source material. Bleddy reading glasses, dily thriwn oit, tiping by tiuch niw.

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
If she died it would be murder, by dint of Dolus Eventualis (the type of intention in question) so yes, its is, according to my one year of criminal law, attempted murder.
One of the things murder must have is the intention to kill.

Therefore I disagree with you saying attempted murder that means a failure to succeed in murder.

I doubt if this case will resolve this difference of opinions because I don't forsee it going anywhere.

Bonywasawarrioraway

Expert Member
One of the things murder must have is the intention to kill.

Therefore I disagree with you saying attempted murder that means a failure to succeed in murder.

I doubt if this case will resolve this difference of opinions because I don't forsee it going anywhere.
you are correct.
There are three forms of intention recognised by our court.
1. Dolus directus : i mean to kill you..... and i do.
2. Dolus indirectus : I mean to kill @TheChamp, but he is hiding behind you. i try to shoot him through you knowing that this will also kill you. but bullet stops in you. I cannot claim that I meant to shoot @TheChamp. even if doing so was legal.
3. Dolus eventualis : I don't mean to kill anyone, I'm just shooting my gun, (to celebrate kebby's death) I realise that my actions could lead to somebody (especially you) getting killed but I am reckless to the possibility and do it anyway.

No surprises but this is version three. All fill the requirement for intention in south african courts. It is also the form of intention that put oscar away.
If the action somehow did not result in death then you are talking attempted murder.

In the event of a negligent discharge of a weapon that resulted in death it would be culpable homicide.
Since one cannot intend to be negligent there is no such crime as attempted culpable homicide.