Attn mods - I think I've identified a [potential] spammer...

KT-B

Honorary Master
I have never seen it this bad. Surely these must be bots?
They probably are - I am sure they are working on a way to stop them from posting. But perhaps even the verification email is failing if some body is clicking the verify links. And humans would complain if they made it harder to join and post. And imagine the mess if they required that you participate in 5 threads before being able to create your own - the amount of spam that will be in valid threads. They also cannot ban out of country emails - as we have lots of out of country members. I do feel sorry for those who are in charge of this.

Venomous

Honorary Master
They probably are - I am sure they are working on a way to stop them from posting. But perhaps even the verification email is failing if some body is clicking the verify links. And humans would complain if they made it harder to join and post. And imagine the mess if they required that you participate in 5 threads before being able to create your own - the amount of spam that will be in valid threads. They also cannot ban out of country emails - as we have lots of out of country members. I do feel sorry for those who are in charge of this.
They can limit new posters to say 3 or even 1 thread(s), created per day for X days.
The spammers will then have to work harder to get their spam out and then hopefully they will get bored

RedViking

Nord of the South
It took them ages to fix the mentions tag, don't expect this to be fixed any faster.....

KT-B

Honorary Master
They can limit new posters to say 3 or even 1 thread(s), created per day for X days.
The spammers will then have to work harder to get their spam out and then hopefully they will get bored
Now that is a brilliant idea. I think they should look into this.

Zoomzoom

Executive Member
Or you have what happened this morning, when there were lots of single threads created by multiple spammers. I guess the one new thread idea per new member wasn't such a great idea after all.

KT-B

Honorary Master
Or you have what happened this morning, when there were lots of single threads created by multiple spammers. I guess the one new thread idea per new member wasn't such a great idea after all.
Some of them had a count of 18 or more posts. So one each would help.
Remember to report the poster as well. I am sure if they remove the poster - all offending posts are removed.
Well that is how it works in my head - not sure if that is how their DB works

Swa

Honorary Master
You know there's now such a rule? Or are you just assuming they aren't multiple spammers each doing their own thing?

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
First time poster selling his drugs here
So now you’re selling them for him?

Or do you just not understand why duplicating the spammer’s work is counterproductive to what the mods are trying to do?

craigcul

Unfortunately the mods should make it more difficult to become a member to try to slow the spam down as I am sure you have better things to do each morning than delete all the spam and their members thanks.