Attn mods - I think I've identified a [potential] spammer...

eg2505

Honorary Master
^^^
thought I was going crazy, and seeing math equations everywhere.
glad to know its a spammer.

Swa

Honorary Master
That wasn't to report someone, but nevertheless, my mistake. Will do so in future.
Why does that matter? When you report the post you also report the person.

We get a few :)

Originally that's why the RAS post was implemented - it signalled to everyone else that the spam had been reported and they could safely ignore it. The new alerts system is so convoluted that we need wade through each reported post to make sure we've got everything. But, it is what it is.
How is that different from the old one?

RedViking

Nord of the South
There's enough mods to deal with it. The issue is they're sleeping when the spam gets posted.
Then get some mods that don't sleep that time? Even if they have limited rights but help with dealing with spam. A lot of people, specially in the IT industry, work when other sleep. So it makes sense to also keep it maintained during "after hours".

Reactions: Swa

SAguy

Expert Member
Why does that matter? When you report the post you also report the person.
Youre misunderstanding me, long and short of it is - I had no idea that mods didn't want us to quote spammers or how we are supposed to report spam.

I know now

Nobody Important

Executive Member
Then get some mods that don't sleep that time? Even if they have limited rights but help with dealing with spam. A lot of people, specially in the IT industry, work when other sleep. So it makes sense to also keep it maintained during "after hours".
Let me guess, you can be one of those people? :p

RedViking

Nord of the South
I can't afford to buy chocolate, just bought my dogs 45kg of raw food for the month. Hole in pocket
I don't buy chocolates anymore. Wife can't eat it anymore (she was the only one).

Dog food is stupid expensive, specially if your dogs have allergies like my basset and are obese like my chicken-cross-pug-thing.