Audi reveals E-Tron GT luxury EV to take on new Tesla Model S

Hanno Labuschagne

MyBroadband
Staff member
Super Moderator
Audi reveals E-Tron GT luxury EV to take on new Tesla Model S

Audi expects the U.S. to be the largest market for its new electric four-door coupe, one of the most powerful cars Volkswagen AG’s premium brand has ever built.

It offers slightly less-blazing acceleration than Tesla Inc.’s latest flagship sedan, the Plaid version of the Model S, which Elon Musk has promoted to those seeking speed beyond “ludicrous” mode.

“The car is predestined for the U.S. market,” Audi’s global sales chief Hildegard Wortmann told reporters in a webcast. She expects North America to account for a sales share of “50% plus,” followed by Europe and Asian markets including China, South Korea and Japan.

[Bloomberg]

justplain

Expert Member
I'd take the Taycan over this any day.
My thoughts exactly.

*EDIT* I'd take the AUDI, my bad...oops. I think it simply looks more exciting....and .. BUTTONS......that do stuff...not everything is on a screen. wooohoooo!

Last edited:

Messugga

Honorary Master
I'd take the Taycan over this any day.

I haven't compared specs, but the base models cost virtually the exact same, so why on earth would one have the Audi instead? Taycan seems like a no-brainer.
Strange decision here from VAG.

JohnStarr

Expert Member
I haven't compared specs, but the base models cost virtually the exact same, so why on earth would one have the Audi instead? Taycan seems like a no-brainer.
Strange decision here from VAG.
Parallel marketing really. Why would you take a slower and as-expensive R8 over a Porsche 911 Turbo which is much faster? It's the same concept. I'd take Porsche every time over an Audi.