Audio-Technica ATH-M40X Professional Monitor Headphones (Review)

calypso

Expert Member
Can buy replacement cups on Amazon. Problem is, the headband will do the same and it's not replaceable.

ponder

Honorary Master
2021 update, Darth Vader not pleased.

I guess time to order replacement pads.

Any local suggestions?

Not local but I would look after aftermarket ones, you'll have options wrt material, thickness and softness. Maybe ask for recommendations in the Z Reviews subreddit.

RedViking

Nord of the South
Not local but I would look after aftermarket ones, you'll have options wrt material, thickness and softness. Maybe ask for recommendations in the Z Reviews subreddit.
I know which ones I want from amazon. Will post here and find out if anyone want to order with me and then we share import costs maybe

RedViking

Nord of the South
If from Amazon, this is what I want:

Either the Velour or the PU Leather, the Velour will probably have an effect on the sound. But that is okay, I'm keen to try something new.

RedViking

Nord of the South
Can buy replacement cups on Amazon. Problem is, the headband will do the same and it's not replaceable.
For the headband I can at least do a custom job. The earpads should be perfect.

Jake45

Expert Member
I think that you can purchase the Brainwavz earpads very cheaply on Aliexpress - you should be able to get a $3 or $4 off coupon if this is your first purchase.

They also have some headband covers that might be suitable ...

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
ZMF, Dekoni or HM5 pads, but accessibility and availability I won't be able to say. Just note that replacing the pads will alter the M40x. It best read reviews on the pads as pads aren't simply replacement pads.

There are many brands out there, I won't know, I have never modded nor replaced pads. Even my SHP's seems like brand-new other than the dusty texture in places.

_kabal_

Expert Member
ZMF, Dekoni or HM5 pads, but accessibility and availability I won't be able to say. Just note that replacing the pads will alter the M40x. It best read reviews on the pads as pads aren't simply replacement pads.

There are many brands out there, I won't know, I have never modded nor replaced pads. Even my SHP's seems like brand-new other than the dusty texture in places.
I would love to get the Dekoni valour pads for my Sony xm3’s, but R1000 is quite steep