Australian pokes shark in eye to survive mauling

mercurial

MyBB Legend
An Australian swimmer says he survived a mauling by a 16-foot shark by wrestling with the beast, finally getting free by poking it in the eye.

The shark, believed to be a great white, seized Jason Cull by the left leg as he was swimming at Middleton Beach in southwestern Australia on Saturday.

Crikey :eek:

killadoob

Honorary Master
this is about 5th shark attack i have heard in the last week

i have a feeling shark attacks will become more frequent as we demolish their food supply

Surv0

Executive Member
The white pointers snout and head area are very sensitive. I spose if you are in the right position following an attack you could easily urge the shark to let go buy either punching him on the nose or poking in the eye...
5m shark, hes bloody lucky to be alive.

mercurial

MyBB Legend
The white pointers snout and head area are very sensitive. I spose if you are in the right position following an attack you could easily urge the shark to let go buy either punching him on the nose or poking in the eye...
5m shark, hes bloody lucky to be alive.

Oh ok. Reminds me of the late Steve Irwin.

Tux

Software Communist
was the poor shark ok?

Must be bloody awful goin round all the time with a mouth tasting like Aussie the whole time...

Datura

Captain Faptastic
Haha.

If a Great White grabs you and doesn't tear you in half first snap (having a nibble), the best thing to do is grab it firmly on the snout. The shark should open it's jaws fully. Be quick because it will most likely have another bite just to see what nationality you are.

DJ...

Banned
Shark attacks are 9/10 out of curiosity - they dont have arms and they could easily (especially this one) tear a leg off without blinking! They merely nibble to see what you are - they actually dont like the taste of human and will usually let go once they taste you are not normal food!