Autumn Internationals 2018

Arthur

Honorary Master
Rassie badly misread Wales. Wrong game plan. Wales upfront and in set pieces outplayed the "Boks". Good game by ref.

MirageF1

Expert Member
So a repeat of last years Autumn Intl's for the Boks...hopeless.

Went in strong and exited with their tails between their hind legs.

A win over NZ and Aus, series win over England, 3-0 against the French and now back to square one. :thumbsup:

Hamster

Resident Rodent
Not going to say the better side won, but the pathetic team lost. Ridiculous amount of schoolboy errors.

cavedog

Honorary Master
I have ZERO hope for the RWC. The Boks are just bad. It's like a B team trying somthing but can't do anything. We were outplayed in every aspect of the game. Failed to take opportunities when they were up for the offering. Total disappointment and I think that SA Rugby has reach a point where any team can beat us. I remember a couple of years back when I heard we are playing ENG or FRA ahhh it's easy and we always won but now even if the boks needs to play against Tonga it would probably be a nail biter. We just don't have what it takes anymore and world rankings shows it as RSA slips down the rankings. By en of next year we will probably be 10th or lower.

I find it interesting that Nick Mallet was talking about AUS not doing good because of Rugby League ect ect in Australia but RSA is worse.

cn@

Expert Member
International rugby is much closer than it was just a couple of years ago.

South Africa should get away from the assumption that we HAVE to win every game against teams that we historically (10 - 90 years ago) won easily.

daveza

Honorary Master
I have ZERO hope for the RWC. The Boks are just bad.
We beat France, we beat Scotland and rightly should have beaten England but for the ref - and it wasn't that long ago we beat the All Blacks.

We're not bad, just bloody inconsistent.

Australia, now they're bad !

sand_man

Honorary Master
Been a season of near misses, both for and against...

Wales No 3 ranked side, loss should probably have been expected given the Welsh form of late. 18/22 before yesterday...

Last edited:

DanDango

Executive Member
International rugby is much closer than it was just a couple of years ago.

South Africa should get away from the assumption that we HAVE to win every game against teams that we historically (10 - 90 years ago) won easily.
It's not about losing, it's how we lose(play). We pick fancy quick stepping fast wingers but don't give then the ball. We pick a big no.12 that runs sideways and never runs as the opposition no.10. We ask the no.9 to kick but we don't play a good kicking no.9.

DanDango

Executive Member
Dyantyi scoops Breakthrough Player of the Year award
https://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/Spr...reakthrough-player-of-the-year-award-20181125

Cape Town - Springbok and Lions wing Aphiwe Dyantyiwas named the 2018 World Rugby Breakthrough Player of the Year in Monaco on Sunday evening.

Dyantyi scored six tries in his first eight Tests for the Boks - including two in the famous win against the All Blacks in Wellington - and finished his debut season with 13 caps.

Dyantyi beat Ireland wing Jordan Larmour and New Zealand prop Karl Tu’inukuafe to the award

DanDango

Executive Member
Full list of World Rugby Awards winners:

World Rugby Men’s 15s Player of the Year - Johnny Sexton (Ireland)
World Rugby Women’s 15s Player of the Year, in association with Mastercard - Jessy Trémoulière (France)
World Rugby Team of the Year - Ireland
World Rugby Coach of the Year - Joe Schmidt (Ireland)
World Rugby Breakthrough Player of the Year - Aphiwe Dyantyi (South Africa)
World Rugby Men’s Sevens Player of the Year - Perry Baker (USA)
World Rugby Women’s Sevens Player of the Year - Michaela Blyde (New Zealand)
World Rugby Referee Award - Angus Gardner (Australia)
Vernon Pugh Award for Distinguished Service - Yoshiro Mori (Japan)
Award for Character - Doddie Weir (Scotland)
Spirit of Rugby Award - Jamie Armstrong, The Clan (Scotland)
IRP Special Merit Award - Stephen Moore (Australia) and DJ Forbes (New Zealand)
IRP Try of the Year - Brodie Retallick (New Zealand v Australia)