'Avengers: Endgame' Decimates Record Books with $1.2 Billion Global Debut (No Spoilers)

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
But, but... The girl power scene, must have been many 'empty' booked seats.

thestaggy

Honorary Master
Will not top Titanic.
I think it will surpass Titanic. Its smashed everything Infinity War achieved. If it has a big second weekend then it will easily get there. Avatar is another story though.

Ninja'd

A Djinn
Haven't heard so much cheering in the cinema in a long time!
I went on the opening day at the 9am show and the first two front rows
were chanting along when Black Panther made his appearance. Also everyone, including me, went apes**t when Cap wielded Mjolnir.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
I went on the opening day at the 9am show and the first two front rows
were chanting along when Black Panther made his appearance. Also everyone, including me, went apes**t when Cap wielded Mjolnir.
There is going to be a lot more cheering once he stretches his wings.

Craig

Honorary Master
I'm not an avengers crazy person, but I think the movie is worth the hype.

f22raptor

Titanic has just overtaken though it remains the greatest movie ever in terms of the number of people who went to see it.

thestaggy

Honorary Master
View attachment 652210

Should be top-5 by the end of the weekend.
1557125649428.png

Two weekends to cross the $2 billion mark. Avatar is vulnerable.

'Avengers: Endgame' Tops $2 Billion Globally, En Route to Dominant Second Weekend

With an estimated $145.8 million, Avengers: Endgame came up just a bit shy of the record $149.2 million second weekend for Star Wars: The Force Awakens, but this may be an example of Disney being just a bit cautious. Tomorrow may reveal the film was able to top the record mark set by Force Awakens once weekend actuals are released, but even without that record Endgame has now grossed nearly $620 million at the domestic box office, already ranking as the ninth largest domestic release of all-time after just ten days in theaters. Just how high it will climb remains difficult to nail down, but a domestic gross topping $900 million seems like an extreme possibility.

Zyk1

Expert Member
Always knew it would overtake Titanic.
Now lets see if it can reach Avatar

Oleraceous

I think the film is worth exaggerating.
Anw, what do you think about the next series?
A few days ago, FB2Mate posted a video telling a lot about the Avengers's next franchise, but I don't think it's a good idea.

thestaggy

Honorary Master
I think the film is worth exaggerating.
Anw, what do you think about the next series?
A few days ago, FB2Mate posted a video telling a lot about the Avengers's next franchise, but I don't think it's a good idea.
Personally

The biggest issue will be filling the massive holes left by Cap America and Iron Man.

Chris Evans and RDJ really took to their characters and spearheaded the franchise.

thestaggy

Honorary Master
500 mil away from Avatar. Industry folks believe it can squeeze out another 200 - 300 in the US. It's going to be close.