Avengers: Endgame [***SPOILERS***]

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
Why didn't Bucky approach old Cap at the end? His oldest friend and yet Falcon goes to him? Or this already been discussed?
Incidentally, wasn't that a bit of a plothole? They make a big point of saying you shouldn't affect the past (by interacting with your past self or other main characters) because it fcks up the future reality or something.

Cap came back to the 'original' timeline, after having obviously altered the past. Wouldn't that break that rule? It happened anyway with Nebula, though.

Also, lol @ all the man-babies still crying about Captain Marvel.

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
Incidentally, wasn't that a bit of a plothole? They make a big point of saying you shouldn't affect the past (by interacting with your past self or other main characters) because it fcks up the future reality or something.

Cap came back to the 'original' timeline, after having obviously altered the past. Wouldn't that break that rule? It happened anyway with Nebula, though.
Yeah according to the time travel rules in the movie, Cap would have just created an alternate timeline by staying in the past and growing old. He shouldn't be in the original timeline where he was found after being frozen for 70 years. Unless he was always there and just hid from everyone for 70 years.

The time travel also gets messed up the more you think about it. Every time someone goes back they create an alternate timeline. So how did Cap manage to go back to those same timelines that they took the stones from? In order for the stones to be back in their right places, he had to be able to choose which timeline to go back to.

Volksieboi

Expert Member
yes you are right "old Cap" should be in a alternate timeline.

And the only way to come back would be to use the Pym particles, which means that he would have come back via the Time travel machine, but instead he's just chilling on a park bench.

But by that point in the movie you are so "over-Endorphin-ed" from the battle, that you forget the time travel rules and just accept it as a send off for Cap.

It literally only hits you after you take your post movie pee...

thestaggy

Honorary Master
Last edited:

Ninja'd

A Djinn
Yeah there were at least a couple of scenes were I swear I could hear the snowflakes crying.
Oh it gets even better.

FAN FIXES AVENGERS: ENDGAME: BRIE LARSON AND CAPTAIN MARVEL REMOVED

https://cosmicbook.news/avengers-endgame-fan-edit-removes-brie-larson-captain-marvel

The Avengers: Endgame wasn't a perfect movie by any means, but a fan went a made it a step closer to perfection as Brie Larson and Captain Marvel have been removed in addition to other changes.

I'll say I loved Avengers: Infinity War, and I did like Avengers: Endgame a lot, but I felt the latter was weighed down by too many mandates which includes PC characters and also the questionable time travel elements to further along the Disney Plus Marvel series and additional MCU movies.

The fan edit in question removes a lot of the PC SJW aspects of The Avengers: Endgame which, similar to the Captain Marvel movie, feels forced and out of place. Diversity isn't a bad thing when it's organic, but when it comes off as shoehorned in just for the sake of political correctness, it's just wrong. As the PC BS has affected some of my favorite characters, I always argue: Why not just create new characters instead of replacing existing ones?

The fan edit also removes the support group which includes Joe Russo mentioning he went on a date with a dude. Joe Russo defended the scene in that it's organic, but is it really organic when the director himself does the scene and then partakes in multiple interviews to promote, explain and defend it? At least the Jim Starlin part was cool.

The fan is right on the money about Thor, and I wish the fan could have CGI'd a scene with Professor Hulk kicking some butt. Hopefully, the Hulk dab has also been removed.

• No Hawkeye training his daughter
  • No women leader conference, no gay support group talk
  • Moping/Dialogue/Filler in first act severely reduced
  • Any science babble that isn’t necessary to understand the story is gone. Nothing takes you out of a movie quite like pseudo-science.
  • Tony doesn’t ask his wife’s permission to save the universe.
  • Female sorceress gets scared of Hulk and just gives him the stone.
  • Tony doesn’t meet his Dad, Thor doesn’t meet his Mom, it’s pointless.
  • Sadly [Thor is] unsalvageable in general, but I did the best to make him more dignified.
  • Black Panther isn’t the first revived Avenger to arrive and gets a bit less time, he’s really not that important.
  • Women in final battle severely reduced. In particular Pepper has no business being there.
  • In general, whenever it felt like Marvel sniffing its own farts, that part is probably gone.

Archer

Honorary Master
I watched the movie for the first time last time and I really did not enjoy this movie half as much as most of the other Marvel movies
I felt like it was 90 minutes of "these are the 5 steps of grieving" - Blackwidow in denial, Hawkeye angry, Thor depressed, Cap bargaining and Hulk/Iron Man in acceptance
Then another 45-60 minutes of time travel which yes had lots of cool moments with people who the heroes have lost but was just kinda meh. It was more of a drama than an action movie
Followed by (finally) an admittedly great fight scene (excluding the forced wumminz power moment, even my wife had a good laugh at that) but some elements just didn't gel with me. And I really feel like Warhammer War Machine (I knew this didn't sound right, doh) should've noticed something amiss with Nebula but I guess in the heat of the moment (having all the stones + the loss of Black Widow) it's understandable. Ya, just an overall feeling of meh, I'll probably watch the previous film(s) again to try scrub this one from memory :p

Last edited:

isie

Honorary Master
I watched the movie for the first time last time and I really did not enjoy this movie half as much as most of the other Marvel movies
I felt like it was 90 minutes of "these are the 5 steps of grieving" - Blackwidow in denial, Hawkeye angry, Thor depressed, Cap bargaining and Hulk/Iron Man in acceptance
Then another 45-60 minutes of time travel which yes had lots of cool moments with people who the heroes have lost but was just kinda meh. It was more of a drama than an action movie
Followed by (finally) an admittedly great fight scene (excluding the forced wumminz power moment, even my wife had a good laugh at that) but some elements just didn't gel with me. And I really feel like Warhammer should've noticed something amiss with Nebula but I guess in the heat of the moment (having all the stones + the loss of Black Widow) it's understandable. Ya, just an overall feeling of meh, I'll probably watch the previous film(s) again to try scrub this one from memory :p
War Machine!
:cautious:

Scary_Turtle

Expert Member
Followed by (finally) an admittedly great fight scene (excluding the forced wumminz power moment, even my wife had a good laugh at that) but some elements just didn't gel with me. And I really feel like Warhammer should've noticed something amiss with Nebula but I guess in the heat of the moment (having all the stones + the loss of Black Widow) it's understandable. Ya, just an overall feeling of meh, I'll probably watch the previous film(s) again to try scrub this one from memory :p
Completely agree watched it this weekend and even though I really liked the first one I thought this one missed everything.

Watched shazaam afterwards and preferred it to endgame (probably gonna take some heat for that comment) but the fans are gonna say highest grossing movie of all time and I can't really argue with that.

isie

Honorary Master
I'm thinking of doing an analytic rewatch of this movie- flip just thinking about how every little line or scene is an actual a call back
small things that seem arbitrary - Tchala calling Hawkeye clint (first time he told him his name he didn't care) tony hugging Peter (first time he was opening a door - they not there yet..)
etc....
think we will be doing this for years :D

They really paid tribute to all that came before

Agent_Smith

Honorary Master
Finally got around to watching it and was generally impressed. Did find the 'girl power' team-up at the end a bit meh overall found it a most enjoyable Sunday evening romp with a satisfying conclusion.