Average time to wait for Vodacom to connect fibre

Convict

2 Weeks ago I applied for Vodacom Fibre through Vumatel, on the application screen it said it will take 2 weeks, the approval was done within a couple of hours and I got the router 2 days later, but since then nothing. I have called the call center and each time I'm being told that someone 2nd line person will contact me to make arrangements for the fibre installation to happen, but it never happens. How long do a person wait on average for them to come and actually connect the fibre to my apartment, the line is just outside?

CrypticZA

Expert Member
Everyone i have spoken to and myself included waited like 24-48 hours to get installed.

I placed my order with a different more competent ISP on a Friday afternoon and the Monday morning Vumatel installed.

I wish you the best of luck on Vodacom, only ever head bad reviews about them and their shitty FUP.

They even wanted to give us a FUP with business fibre...

Other Pineapple Smurf

Honorary Master
Octotel did my installation, Vodacom just sent me a preconfigured router before the time. They actually did it months before we had fibre installed.

Also, no problems with Vodacom, just go for a decent speed with good FUP. I'm on 100Mpbs and have a 2,5TB FUP

RedViking

Nord of the South
2 Weeks ago I applied for Vodacom Fibre through Vumatel, on the application screen it said it will take 2 weeks, the approval was done within a couple of hours and I got the router 2 days later, but since then nothing. I have called the call center and each time I'm being told that someone 2nd line person will contact me to make arrangements for the fibre installation to happen, but it never happens. How long do a person wait on average for them to come and actually connect the fibre to my apartment, the line is just outside?
2-3 weeks. Put pressure on your SP if you have one.