Avoid using Public Wi-Fi in South Africa

das Toktokken

Honorary Master
So, did you see the real domain name under the certificate info?
Sure, there are ways to tell that you're being taken for a ride, I don't think anyone questioned that. I was merely pointing out that your browser is not going to automatically alert you in the way you expect because your favourite site is on https. This all segued from:
Most sites now are HTTPS, this should protect against DNS spoofing

46Female

Expert Member
today I needed to use a companies wifi after I put the username and password it asked me to download a certificate. I was told its so I don't have to put the username and password in again.
Does that sound right?

it wouldn't connect me if I didn't download the certificate

OCP

Expert Member
today I needed to use a companies wifi after I put the username and password it asked me to download a certificate. I was told its so I don't have to put the username and password in again.
Does that sound right?

it wouldn't connect me if I didn't download the certificate
Never seen a guest portal setup like that.

We have vouchers for guests - they enter the voucher code on the landing page and then have x time access (usually a few hours depending on the guest)

The guest wifi is separate from Corp network (VLAN) and isolated in that it doesn't not allow traffic between clients/users.

Thugscub

Expert Member
/admin
/guest
/host
Who was the dude a while back who directed the wonderful government we have to a website in The Rwenzories.