Awesome Black Friday tech deals from Takealot, Game, and Incredible Connection

Mojo32

Anyone have the Xoami My TV box? What's your take should I get it? Got Full HD TV and I believe this TV box supports 4k streaming?

Oh and I see its 999 at hifi so much cheaper then game.

WorldWarIII

Expert Member
you know. When someone bills you for something and you say that its 1000 rand more than it was they will say "its just a 1000 rand , that really isnt alot of money anymore" . But when there are specials, now 1000 rand off becomes "WOW 1000 rand, such saving"

boycott the lot of them.

WorldWarIII

Expert Member
To circumvent the further sheep culture of buying in SA I will be starting a political party to protect consumers.

I thought of the Consumer Freedom Fighter. CFF . but just doesn't roll off the tongue right.

So I will be starting and chairing , the "National Anti Zombification Initiative Party" .

Please support this worthy cause.

Greglsh

When you take R500 off a Fitbit Versa 3 which was R5499 now R4999 is not a Black Friday deal. These retailers have no idea what this is about. Nobody should buy anything under the banner of "Black Friday" deals.

eg2505

Honorary Master
@WorldWarII I agree,

not really deals per se, just R500 to R1K off the normal price and call it MASSIVE, when it just isn't.

also, BF going to be a waste this year, nobody got cash to buy sh*t like this,
60% unemployment, reduced salaries, and people still in covid survival mode.

try again next year, when there's actually something worth buying.
otherwise, just a waste of space, energy and time.

Death

Anyone have the Xoami My TV box? What's your take should I get it? Got Full HD TV and I believe this TV box supports 4k streaming?

The MI Box is the best TV box I've ever used. Highly recommend.

But 4K streaming means nothing if you don't have a 4K TV I'm afraid...

Raphael123

Expert Member
I think i will leave the Black Friday specials for the actual Friday - all these pre-specials and month of is a bunch of bollocks!

Hemps

Honorary Master

Nice unit for the price, I was disappointed with space available, kept running out.
Remote becomes very clicky after a while and the print on the buttons starts to come off.
Otherwise it plays almost everything , Plex works well.

Decent buy.

PsyWulf

Honorary Master
To circumvent the further sheep culture of buying in SA I will be starting a political party to protect consumers.

I thought of the Consumer Freedom Fighter. CFF . but just doesn't roll off the tongue right.

So I will be starting and chairing , the "National Anti Zombification Initiative Party" .

Please support this worthy cause.
The NAZI party? Thats gonna go down super well

HBee

Expert Member

Its great if you have a great wifi reception at your tv. If not and you need to use a ethernet cable, I would go for the ematic (agt419), as the Xoami does not have a ethernet port.

maccaman

When you take R500 off a Fitbit Versa 3 which was R5499 now R4999 is not a Black Friday deal. These retailers have no idea what this is about. Nobody should buy anything under the banner of "Black Friday" deals.
This. Easy for retailers to jump on the Black Friday bandwagon, but they have no clue what it represents. It is NOT your run of the mill 5% off specials which SA retailers are so fond of.

friedpiggy

Expert Member
If my brain isn't betraying me again, Black Friday was designed as a way for retailers to get rid of current stock to make way for the new models coming out. As a result, they were often put up as cost+5 or +10 so the retailer still made a bit of cash to cover warehousing, etc, but it was more important to get rid of the stock.

Greglsh

If my brain isn't betraying me again, Black Friday was designed as a way for retailers to get rid of current stock to make way for the new models coming out. As a result, they were often put up as cost+5 or +10 so the retailer still made a bit of cash to cover warehousing, etc, but it was more important to get rid of the stock.
This is exactly what it is "meant" for. To clear stock before Christmas and end of year sales. Move the stock that has not sold that well etc. In SA, lets increase the price by 10% a week or so before, then take off 10% and "they" will think it is a bargain. If you looking for something specific "Google" the product you will probably find it cheaper or worst case the same price somewhere else. Don't buy from this so called "Black Friday" dealers that are taking the p1ss.