Awesome deals from the Steam Halloween Sale

|tera|

Master of Messengers
A bit O/T.

When did Halloween become a South African thing?
I hear it on the radio, see these type of articles and ads.
First Black Friday (Which has roots in the US).
Now Halloween.
Soon we'll start having all their weird notions and connotations.
Thanks giving, 4th of July.
Really irks me a bit.

Agent_Smith

Honorary Master
A bit O/T.

When did Halloween become a South African thing?
I hear it on the radio, see these type of articles and ads.
First Black Friday (Which has roots in the US).
Now Halloween.
Soon we'll start having all their weird notions and connotations.
Thanks giving, 4th of July.
Really irks me a bit.

Anything to sell you sh*t you don't need...

Agent_Smith

Honorary Master
On topic, got a mail from Steam regarding Doom Eternal being on sale (its on my wishlist), but even so, at R450 (or whatever it was) is still a bit steep.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
I bought Divinity: Original Sin 2 and the artbook. Pretty good discount atm.

|tera|

Master of Messengers
I bought Divinity: Original Sin 2 and the artbook. Pretty good discount atm.
Great game. I really enjoyed the bit I played.
It's one of the true RPG gems ever.
If the world ended and I had one game to play, it would be this.
No thanks got two $10 vouchers on Epic Games to spend.
Do you have to spend them separately?

|tera|

Master of Messengers
No thanks that will always be Half Life. Best game ever...
I'm a fan too. I played Source endlessly when I was younger.
Original Sin 2 is just a mint game. I'm not exaggerating.
I'll always be a fps fan. Love fps games. RPG is my number 1 though.
I'm not a MMO-RPG fan.
Have you played it? (curious)
Yes grabbing Tony Hawk and something else.
The new Tony Hawk?

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
On topic, got a mail from Steam regarding Doom Eternal being on sale (its on my wishlist), but even so, at R450 (or whatever it was) is still a bit steep.

They won't drop it past 50% until they have maxed out the DLC, they are still milking the season pass which was recently released on Steam. The Autumn sale is a better bet which is during the Black Friday/Cyber Monday weekend and whatever that week is called again in the US. It will most likely be discounted 60-75% during the Winter Sale at the year-end where at the time Doom Eternal will be a matured title.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
In my honest opinion this is a very weak Steam sale.

The days of epic Steam sales are long gone. Valve made no secret about their desire to move away from a setup where gamers waited until periodic fire sales to buy the majority of their games.

|tera|

Master of Messengers
The days of epic Steam sales are long gone. Valve made no secret about their desire to move away from a setup where gamers waited until periodic fire sales to buy the majority of their games.
Valve will need to ramp things up to stay relevant though.

I see a major exodus in the coming months from normal gaming to services like Xbox game pass.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Valve will need to ramp things up to stay relevant though.

I see a major exodus in the coming months from normal gaming to services like Xbox game pass.

Microsoft's Store is absolutely terrible on a technical level and offers virtually zero competition for standalone game purchases. For Valve their main concern should be the Epic Store. Better USD pricing for consumers and a very strong incentive for publishers.

|tera|

Master of Messengers
Microsoft's Store is absolutely terrible on a technical level and offers virtually zero competition for standalone game purchases. For Valve their main concern should be the Epic Store. Better USD pricing for consumers and a very strong incentive for publishers.
The same was said about streaming video and audio services. Not good enough, won't work. Here we are today.

Paying a low monthly fee for access to premium games will become the norm.
Irrespective of publisher or developer insentives.

Epic has a bad wrap with many international gamers. I've seen people boycott Epic in droves.

The same for EA.
Our perspectives of gaming services differ a lot in comparison to other first world countries.

Agent_Smith

Honorary Master
They won't drop it past 50% until they have maxed out the DLC, they are still milking the season pass which was recently released on Steam. The Autumn sale is a better bet which is during the Black Friday/Cyber Monday weekend and whatever that week is called again in the US. It will most likely be discounted 60-75% during the Winter Sale at the year-end where at the time Doom Eternal will be a matured title.

Ah, valid point. I'll keep an eye out for that. And if it doesn't drop to a satisfactory price, it's not the end of the world. I only bought Doom 2016 last year so waiting evidently doesn't phase me, haha.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
The same was said about streaming video and audio services. Not good enough, won't work. Here we are today.

Paying a low monthly fee for access to premium games will become the norm.
Irrespective of publisher or developer insentives.

Epic has a bad wrap with many international gamers. I've seen people boycott Epic in droves.

The same for EA.
Our perspectives of gaming services differ a lot in comparison to other first world countries.

I'm talking about the Microsoft Store though, not Game Pass. Steam isn't a subscription service and doesn't really compete with Game Pass.

I'm entirely in favour of subscription services. Until it became dogs**t I had Humble Monthly, and I still have Game Pass for PC and I'll shortly be taking out Uplay+ to play AC Valhalla, Watch Dogs Legion and Immortals.

Rickster

EVGA Fanatic
Would love to but the Dota 2 battle pass cleaned out my wallet already.